Chapter 38

Killian's POV

I sat in my seat at the dinner table. It felt weird to be back in Dublin, but the thought of my parents dead struck me the most. The feeling of not being a royal permanently made me think about my past, but as usual, I just ignored my guilty conscious. I just wanted to get out of here with Rae.

I looked up to see the king tapping his fingers on the table impatiently. His cold eyes focused on the empty seat next to me. I warned Victor about how stubborn my sister is and how she might not want to eat. I knew the sad news about our parents struck her and I needed to be there for her.

" I'm going to get Rae. ", I said firmly before standing up from my seat.

" Sit down, captain. ", the king ordered firmly.

" This is a waste of time! ", I exclaimed

" Sit down. ", he said darkly.

I snorted at his foolishness before sitting down in my seat with my arms crossed. After a few more minutes, we heard footsteps and I looked up to only see Victor walk into the dining room. Not noticing my sister's presence, concern and worries filled my thoughts.

" Where is she? ", the king demanded

" I'm afraid Miss Rae won't be able to leave her room at all. ", Victor sighed

" And why is that? ", he asked bitterly.

" Miss Rae is terribly sick. I entered her room and there she was crying in pain because an illness has struck her body. It seems that the illness came from the sailing journey. ", Victor explained before his eyes turned to me in disgust.

" My sister wasn't sick earlier. She was perfectly fine. ", I gritted my teeth.

" Well whatever illness she has is very contagious. I advise that she stays in her room and sees nobody but me since I have magic to protect myself. ", Victor advised.

" I don't care if it's contagious. I demand to see my sister! ", I slammed my fist on the table.

" You will get sick as well, captain. Maybe it is best that she stays isolated. ", the king stated.

" Isolated? I have been isolated from my sister for a couple of hours because this bastard separated us! I will not tolerate this kind of behavior and I can care less if her illness is contagious. " , I said sternly.

The king exmained me before he looked up at Victor who stood near him. They exchanged glances before the king waved his his hand off.

" Go ahead, Victor. Respect the captain's wishes. ", he murmered

" Very well. ", the bastard mumbled.

I stood up from my seat and followed Victor out of the dining room. I had urges to shove my hook into his back, but controlled myself since I knew he had magic. I didn't know which one was worse, Pan or Victor. I already had two bloody demons to deal with and didn't feel like adding another one to my list.

Suddenly, he stopped in his tracks and led me to a door. He twisted the knob and made a hand gesture for me to enter the room first. I glared at him harshly before entering the room. I scanned the guest bedroom but raised my eyebrow not seeing Rae.

" This isn't Rae's room. " , I scoffed.

" I'm afraid Rae won't be available. " , Victor sneered before a glass vase was smashed against my head.

My vision became blurry and I groaned in pain as I rubbed the back of my head.

" Sweet dreams, captain. " , Victor taunted before my body collapsed onto the floor and darkness consumed me.

Victor's POV

Such an idiot that wacky captain is.

I dragged the one handed pirate's unconscious body to where the dungeons were and made a hand gesture for a cell to open. Once the cell opened, I pulled Killian's body against the wall and cuffed his wrists and ankles with the chains. My lips curved in a grin before leaving the cell and sealing it shut and locked.

I exited the dungeon and made my way to the dining room where the king was finishing his last bites of his meal.

" It's done. " , I said.

" I knew I could count on you. " , the king smirked before pushing his empty plate away and picking up his glass of wine.

" So where is my pay? " , I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

" You haven't killed them yet. " , the selfish man muttered before taking a sip of his drink.

" Well that's something that you can do. My magic isn't needed much. " , I scoffed.

" Well your magic makes it easier for me. " , he grumbled.

" Must I remind you that I'm not your slave. " , I gritted my teeth.

The greedy king snickered before placing his glass done. He leaned back against his chair and folded his hands together.

" Boy, hasn't your mother ever taught you to be respectful to your authority? " , he asked me.

" Hasn't anyone ever told you that you aren't really royalty? " , I sneared.

The room shook with the echoing of a fist slamming against the table. His cold, dark eyes stared at me deadly before he stood up from his chair and grabbed my collar harshly.

" Don't question me, boy. If you know what's good for you then I suggest that you keep your mouth shut. Besides, you are no better than me. " , he sneered.

" At least I have mortals. " , I spat out.

" I'm done with you. " , he muttered. " Get out of my sight. "

He released me and pushed my shoulder to walk past me. I clenched my fist as anger boiled in my blood.

" I WANT MY PAY! " , I demanded.

" Forget your pay. " , he chuckled bitterly before walking out of the dining room.

I felt my eyes glow purple as I screamed in frustration before turning around and moving all of the food, plates, and glasses with my arms as they smashed onto the floor. I breathed heavily before staring fear overwhelmed me.

Pan.

I knew that I had to do the right thing before my life was on the line.

A/N: What do you think of Victor so far? 🤔 Much love for my readers 💕