Chapter 42

Rae's POV

I watched Killian talk to Peter in between whispers. I could only catch some of the words and it made me realize that things probably weren't going well with whatever they talked about. I pinched my nose in frustration before sighing as I played with my hands nervously.

Then something caught my attention from the corner of my eye. A guard hid behind a wall as he lurked in the shadows. I assumed he was that one guard who was suppose to hid along with the other guards before the surprise attack, but he probably stayed hidden. My eyes widened seeing a crossbow with an arrow in it in his possession.

I tried to hold back my panic attack before looking at the boys again and seeing that Peter kept glancing at me. His forest eyes were so green and beautiful like an emerald jewel that I was beginning to fall for him again. I got lost in those green eyes before his attention went towards Killian and I waited patiently before seeing the guard lurk closer to Peter but hidden from my brother's sight to where only I could see him.

" I understand. " , Killian said slowly.

My brother turned around to walk towards me as he held out his hand to me.

" Let's go, pig. " , he said to me.

When I refused to hold his hand, Killian grabbed my hand and turned around to lead me out of the castle, but I refused to move.

There I was standing in front of the boy who was my first love. I saw the guilt in those green eyes and that's when I knew what Peter wanted to do was for my own safety.

I untangled my hand from Killian's and slowly approached Peter who narrowed his emerald eyes at me as he watched my every move. I stood in the middle between them two and turned behind me to see Killian and then forward towards Peter.

My eyes wandered towards the guard that had his crossbow aimed at Peter's back. His shadowy figure looked at me and placed his finger over his lip to shush me.

I took a deep breath before placing my hands on Peter's shoulders and looking up at him. A small smile displayed on my face.

" You changed my life, Peter. I don't know what I would have done without you. " , I whispered softly.

" You probably would have married Damon by then if you hadn't met me. " , Peter lightly chuckled.

" Yeah, well Evie wouldn't like that. " , I laughed before sighing as I played with his belt.

" You better go, love. Wouldn't want to keep your brother waiting. " , Peter whispered.

I slowly nodded before wrapping my arms around his waist and hugging him tightly. I breathed in his forest pine and minty scent that relaxed my body. It felt so good to be his arms.

We probably hugged longer than we should. I ran my fingers through his messy hair and hummed softly before looking to the side. The guard narrowed his eyes at me and stepped out of the shadows as he aimed for us.

" Hey! You there! " , Killian exclaimed before drawing out his sword.

Then everything went by so fast.

The sound of the arrow being shot was heard and my eyes caught the attention of it coming towards Peter and I. Without any hesitation, I pushed Peter to the ground and screamed when I felt pain occur on my side.

" RAE! " , Peter yelled.

" PIG! " , KILIAN EXCLAIMED.

I yanked the arrow from my side and dropped it to the floor where I felt blood bleeding through my shirt. I tried not to faint at the sight of so much blood, but I felt my legs weakened before a strong pair of arms caught me and gently laid me down on the floor.

" Rae, can you hear me? " , Peter asked.

I just stared into those green eyes before my vision started to get blurry. The sound of swords clashing hit me when a cry was released.

" Peter..." , I whispered.

Killian's face came into view as he kneeled down and placed the bloody sword on the ground. His blue eyes held worries.

" Pig..." , I smiled weakly.

" Pan, we need to get her some medical help. " , Killian's voice echoed.

" I will have to teleport her to Neverland and get my sister to help me. " , Peter said.

" I'm coming with you. " , Killian said sternly.

I groaned as the pain started to overwhelm me. With the little strength that I had, I held Peter's hand and squeezed it tightly before breathing heavily.

" Peter...I need...to...tell you...something. " , I croaked out.

" Tell me what? " , Peter asked while holding my hand gently.

" I...I...love...you. " , I managed to say.

Then I felt darkness welcome me into the unconscious state of mind.

A/N: Cliffhanger! Stay tune for more my fellow readers :)