Chapter Sixty

Hailey's POV

I end up crying myself back to sleep when Zeb and that Rome guy leave the room, I mean it's not like I had much to do in here, or could even stretch my legs out for the matter, the least they could've of done was bring me a blanket, the room was freezing and my thin sweater wasn't enough to warm me up.

I actually didn't touch any of the snacks that Rome had brought me, I felt too sick to my stomach to try and stomach anything down. I did drink the other small water bottle though, in light of trying to settle the nauseous-ness in my stomach, and it did to a certain extent. The Advil however, that didn't help one bit, the headache was still there, then again maybe it was because I was nonstop crying until I actually fell asleep, which I have no recollection of.

I actually wake up to the sound of a soft piano playing in the background, and immediately sit up on the single mattress when I see Cris Rockwell sitting in a chair across from me. He's the last person I thought I would've seen right now.

I awkwardly watch him for a few seconds, not really knowing what to say. What is he doing here?? He actually doesn't say anything himself, he doesn't look up, nor do I say anything, yet, he keeps his gaze down on the screen of his phone; he's playing some game.

"Is that Piano tiles?" I asked, it literally being the first thing that came to mind.

Cris instantly scoffs and nods his head yes and I instantly go quiet again.

"You wanna know something funny?" He breaks our tedious silence again, his gaze never once lifting from his phone screen.

I don't say anything I continue to just stare at him. He looks up for a quick second, realizing that he has my attention.

"I actually know how to play the piano," he says, his attention is back on his phone now. "But I would much rather use my thumbs to tap on my screen, than to actually try and work up a sweat and play the real thing," he scoffs and is immediately swearing afterwards, "fucking aye!"

Assuming he lost his game, he finally puts his phone down, staring sternly in my direction. "How could you be so stupid to go out alone at night," he growls shoving his phone back into his pants. "Especially near the boundary lines, Hailey.."

"Why do you even care?" I glare in his direction. "Aren't you supposed to be on your cousin's side?"

He scoffs and gets up off of the chair, "I am nothing like my cousin, don't you dare compare us," he snarls while reaching into the inside of his jacket.

He pulls out a single key, holding it out in front of him and then tosses it onto the mattress, landing near my legs, "get up."

I stare down at the gold key on the mattress, glancing up at him confused, "you're letting me go?"

Cris scoffs again, loudly this time. "Ax and I may be family, Summers, but that doesn't mean that he won't hesitate to put a bullet in between my eyes for crossing him. We're going for a little walk, stretch your legs, get some air."

My heart immediately sinks back to my stomach as that little glimmer of hope dies.

"No thank you, I'm fine here," I say looking away from him.

Cris begins to chuckle and gains my attention again, you can definitely tell his small laugh is forced though, "you say that like you have a choice, Summers." He pulls a gun out from behind him and points to the key, "Don't make me ask you twice, Hailey."

I slowly begin to nod my head and reach for the stupid small key, unlocking the cuff around my ankle. It unlocks and I'm quickly taking it off, rolling my foot around, it felt so good not to have that heavy weight on it.