Chapter 3

When Samuel Loomis, a man in his early seventies, had heard about the two missing boys in Haddonfield he had driven there as fast as he could. He was an intelligent man, but he was lacking on sympathy quite a bit.

A day before the boy's went missing, the day before Halloween, his patient Michael Myers had managed to escape from the asylum he was being held in. Loomis' rather unsettling obsession with the man had him believe that he was part of this case, that he was the reason for the boys' disappearance.

He had contacted sheriff Leigh Brackett, a man who had lost his daughter to Michael ten years ago, and told him to meet him at the Myers' house. He hadn't told him when, but he thought that didn't matter for he would be there the next few hours.

Loomis stood on the green grass, surrounded by the cold night, as he observed the building on the small property; it's walls had already lost colour. What was left of the once white wooden frame was now yellow, mixed with a dirty brown. The colours on the window frames had splattered off years ago, worms had taken advantage of the unprotected wood and had eaten holes into it; what was once a beautiful family house was now a wreck.

Loomis had noticed the missing door the moment he had gotten there, assuming that Michael had broken it down. But why did he do that? Had someone else been in the house? The answer was yes, there must have been.

He sighed as he took his dress watch in his hand to take a glimpse at the time. "Where the hell is he?" Loomis, who had grown impatient by the sheriff's delay, stuffed his watch back into the pocket of his beige trench coat; he was sure Leigh wouldn't show up anymore, not at this hour.

The silvery moon was already high above him, shining it's cold light down onto the earth. The man looked at the night sky, noticing some stars lining up to form the Big Dipper.

He sighed quietly as he closed his trench coat, putting his hands into it's pockets afterward. He turned around on the back of his heels; if he couldn't get answers from Leigh he could get answers from somewhere else. And there was a specific place he had in mind.

Haddonfield was a small town where all the people knew each other, meaning that as soon as something happened everyone would talk about it.

When Loomis had arrived there he overheard a conversation between two elderly women; one had been in her garden, a watering can swinging back and forth in her hands. The other woman had been half-lying on the fence, her grey hair flying in the wind. "Have you heard about what happened to Paul and Lydia's boy? I always knew that their neighbourhood wasn't save, but who listens to an old woman these days?"

Their conversation had gone on and Loomis had listened, until he had what he wanted; y/n's address.

Loomis followed the road away from the Myers' house, his shadow trailed down the road beside him.

When he reached his destiny he noticed the police car parked in front of the small house. So this is where this sonofabitch is. I knew I couldn't rely on him, he thought, walking up the slim stairs to the front porch. He raised a hand and knocked, once, then a second time, against the white wooden door.

A few seconds later he could see a silhouette through the colourful glass on the door, coming closer. The door opened and a rather young looking woman came into his sight. Her auburn hair hung messily in her face, down to her shoulders. Her emerald eyes were contured with a black eyeliner, though the once thin black lines were smeared under her eyes; she had been crying.

"Pardon me for disturbing you at such a late hour. I am Doctor Samuel Loomis and if it's not too much of a hassle I would like to ask you some questions." Loomis' voice was soft, his brown eyes meeting hers. The woman, which he assumed was Lydia, hesitated, not knowing what she should do.