Chapter 30

Loomis' fierce look pierced right through the barricade of faith y/n had built up. The boy had already forgotten about the doctor's existence until this very moment and now he started to feel guilty about that fact; if he had warned Michael they probably could have climbed out of the window. But it was too late to think about that now.

"I swear to God, you won't get out of here alive. I won't let you get away you sonofabitch. Not this time." Loomis said, reloading the gun and targeting Michael's head. "Now how about you let the kid down and we deal with this like real men."

Michael didn't say anything, why would he? There was nothing he could say to Loomis. And even if there was, it wouldn't change a thing; Loomis would shoot either way, no matter what they did. But he could at least make sure that y/n didn't get involved in this any more.

Michael raised one hand, showing the doctor that he was willing to give up, and took a few steps back. Loomis followed each movement, the other man made, with care, ready to shoot any time if necessary. But Michael didn't do anything but getting on his knees and letting y/n down, his free hand trying to lose the boy's grip from his shirt.

Y/n nervously started chewing on his lower lip; he didn't want to leave Michael alone with this guy, call it fear of loss, but even though Loomis would probably the one leaving this house in a body bag it made him uncomfortable to think about the possibility of Michael getting shot.

Michael, who had noticed y/n's doubt within a second, stroke through the boy's h/c hair, leaning closer to his face. But just as their lips were about to touch, Michael turned his head slightly, his breath brushing over the boy's ear, sending a shiver down his spine. "Run" was the only thing he heard before he got pushed back.

Michael got up slowly and turned toward Loomis, who's expression darkened as soon as their eyes met.
"I dare you to come any closer. But know that I'll shoot as soon as you do and I don't give a fuck if I hit the kid." Michael turned his head slightly, staring at y/n who still hadn't moved.

What the hell are you doing? Was what his expression asked. But he got no answer. Y/n hesitated but then positioned himself in front of Michael, his eyes meeting the ones from the doctor, who was still aiming at Michael. He seemed confused, not knowing what he should do now that y/n was actually in the way. He might have said that he didn't care if he hits the boy but he was no lunatic; he still had enough senses to know when to stop, even though they had practically failed him all this time.

"Are you out of your mind? He's someone who took many life's just for fun. A fucking murderer, nothing more. You should be on my side. Are you really too naive to understand that?" Loomis said, his voice shaking of anger. Y/n widened his eyes and started grinning before he let out a loud and hysterical laugh. Both Michael and Loomis stared at him; neither of them knew what was going on but this behaviour was rather unsettling.

"Who is the one threatening unarmed people with a gun? Who is the one that chased us because he is so obsessed with the thought of getting rid of him," he pointed at Michael ", that nothing else in their life matters. I don't think you understand any of this, Loomis. Yes, he's a murderer and yes, maybe he should be punished for that, but it's not your decision what happens to him. You're just a doctor, you have nothing to say. And for the love of God, even if we don't get away I will make sure that you won't get far either, because my parents will sue you. And I have enough evidence to do so."

Loomis' eyes widened. For a second it seemed like he was completely frozen, as if everything inside him just stopped working and he wasn't able to move any muscle because he cramped up that much. But that was only for a split second; he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, before opening them again and staring directly into the ones from y/n.