Chapter 10

Y/n walked through the large blanket of snow behind the cabin and tried to get as far as he could. Small snowflakes adorned his h/c hair, making it look bright it in the sun. His feet were freezing since his shoes weren't made for winter and his socks were soaked from the snow that made it's way through the thin material of the shoe. He cursed himself for leaving the cabin since he could have thrown Michael out in the cold instead. The e/c eyed boy pulled the hood of his jacket over his head to keep his ears warm before he put his hands in his pockets.

He made his way to the forest, which was right behind the small wooden building and sighed in relieve when he saw that the snow under the large trees wasn't as high as the snow in front of the forest. He rubbed the cold substance off his trousers before he continued to walk deeper into the forest. The trees were full of white sparkling crystals which would join the wind when he came by. The sun was shining through the boughs of the trees and let the area around him look like something straight out of a fairy tale. The cold air looked like steam everytime y/n breathed out, which reminded the boy of his childhood where he and his friends always pretended that they were smoking.

The fresh fallen snow crunched softly under his shoes as he walked further into the forest while he admired the enchanting view of his surroundings.
He walked for about ten minutes before more trees appeared and the space, y/n had at the beginning, slowly shrinked. The boy had to climb over roots and fallen boughs to get through, which costed him most of his strength.

After a while he decided that it would be best to sit down and rest before he continues his journey through the winter wonderland. He spotted a tree stump and quickly jumped over to it, hypnotized by it's shining surface.
As he touched the silver substance, his fingers began to sting. Gentle and lush, cold to the touch, powdery beauty. The pain that came from the soft snow felt like cold fire that tried to bite off his now slightly purple fingers.

Y/n quickly wiped the snow off the stamp, whirling it up in the air, before he sat down and stretched out his legs. He didn't know for how long he's been out now but he noticed that the area around him was slowly getting darker. The snowflakes continued to fall soundlessly, taking their time before they reached their destined places of rest, giving the now dark and silent forest a comforting aura.

Y/n closed his e/c eyes and slowly pulled off his hood. As soon as his face and ears were unprotected, the wind whirled up the snow that was peacefully falling a second ago and brushed it against the boy's face, as if it was waiting for the right moment to attack him with the cold substance.
The h/c haired boy slowly opened his eyes again and let the snow plant soft kisses over his face.

Y/n smiled a little and sticked his tongue out to catch some of the snowflakes, like he used to as a child.
The cold wind brushed against the boy, stealing the warmth from his body. He began to shiver and his lips slowly turned blue. Y/n missed the warm fire and the older man's embrace but he didn't want to give in and go back without giving the other a punishment.

At the time he didn't notice the other man behind the trees who watched him for a while now but stayed in the shadows so he wouldn't disturb the boy. Michael was never going to just let the boy go outside on his own so he had followed him when he was sure that y/n was too far away to notice him.

The older man always hated the cold winter, especially because of Christmas since he never actually got to spend time with someone on days like these. But the fact that y/n seemed to love it made it bearable for him even though he didn't understand why anyone would love to go outside just to play with frozen water.

He noticed a movement in the corner of his eye, which pulled him out of his thoughts. He looked at the boy, who was getting back up and walked back into the direction he came from.
He didn't expect y/n to be out for long, especially because of the cold so he wasn't surprised that the boy was in a hurry to get back. The older man slowly walked back as well, but not without making sure that y/n won't notice him. He watched the boy climb over the roots that stood out and a soft grin formed on his lips.
After a while he lost the boy out of his eyes, because he eventually catched up and passed him. Michael was way slower than y/n but he made it back before the boy was even near the end of the forest.