Chapter 23

Michael pulled his hand back and stared at the shadow for a second before he moved away from the door.
He hoped that, whoever that was hadn't seen him yet; he knew that he probably was in trouble now and that the chance of getting out of this situation, without killing anybody, wasn't that high.

He started to plan his escape route and how he'd kill anyone who'd try to stop him, no matter how angry y/n would be afterwards. Michael would do anything just to stay with the boy even if he had to risk another fight with him.

That didn't matter at that moment though so he brushed his thoughts aside and tried to take another look through the stained glass, to see what the source of the shadow was; an older man, with a cup of coffee in his left hand, walked past the door towards one of the tables, where he took a seat. He pulled a small notebook out of nowhere and stared at it for a while before he opened it and wrote something down.

Michael observed the man and sighed; this guy wasn't even near being threatful, but he still managed to trick a murderer into thinking that he was about to get caught. He rolled his eyes as he cursed himself for overreacting like that, though he knew that this only happened because the boy turned him into a softie.

Michael straightened up his jacket and sighed before he heard the engine of a car coming up behind him; without hesitating he opened the door to the café and got in, not daring to look back to see whose car it was. Though his curiosity took over for a second and he turned his head slightly, his eyes widened when he saw that his presumptions, of who it might be, were right.

The car was none other than the one that belonged to the sheriff of Haddonfield, who was just staring straight at the road. He looked annoyed and exhausted, which wasn't really surprising. Next to him sat Loomis, who was busy with observing the streets like a dog that tried to find the cat it lost out of sight after chasing it for a while.

The doctor's eyes met Michael's and for a moment it felt like time was standing still. It felt like the old man's gaze pierced right through him, judging him about everything he had ever done. Michael couldn't move at all, he didn't even far to try it. For the first time in his life he felt something spread through him like a virus; he was terrified.

The car continued driving down the road and Loomis' eyes just continued observing the area. He didn't notice Michael in the café, which was probably because of the dirty glass.
It was reallt hard to see through it and he was more than thankful for that.

"What is wrong, young man? You look like you've seen a ghost or something." A raspy voice pulled Michael out of his trance, making him turn his head to the right; the old man from before had turned around in his chair and was now looking at the other at the door with a raised brow and a slight grin.

"Sit with me for a while."
Michael hesitated but moved towards the table; the fact that somebody offered him a seat confused him, but as long as the sheriff and Loomis were on patrol there was nothing else he could do to wait until it was clear to go.

He pulled a chair back and sat down, but not without staring at the old man, who grabbed his cup and took a sip from his coffee.

"My name's Harold. Harry for short." He put his cup back on the table. "I've never seen you in this town before. Are you visiting someone?"
Michael didn't answer nor moved a muscle; he just didn't know what to reply with, though he didn't want to reply at all. He'd never see this man in his life again so there was no need to start being nice now. Also, he wasn't used to social interaction with strangers.

"Not quite the talker, are you?"
Harry smiled; in his grey blue eyes layed experience and a glint wisdom, but they also showed the soul of a warm and kind old man.

Michael began to observe the other; his grey hair was neatly styled back, making him seem a bit younger than he probably was. He wore a flannel shirt that had a pattern of green and black squares. The sleeves were rolled up, revealing a big scar on the man's left arm, which won Michael's attention.

"Curious about how I got the scar, aren't ya?" Harry took a sip from his coffee and stared at the dark liquid for a while before he put his cup down and crossed his arms.
"Fought in Vietnam in 1960. Was there till I got shot in 1962" he pointed at his arm "and they had to bring me back here to nurse this shit."

Michael listened closely; he hated to admit it but he was actually really interested in the other's past.

"You don't look like you've spent your years with picking flowers and being a good boy either. Got into a lot of fights I assume?" Harry pointed at the scar on Michael's neck. The man didn't say anything, but he nodded slowly to answer while thinking about the day he got the scar from Laurie.

Harry waved the waitress over to them and ordered another cup of coffee for himself, since Michael refused to order one. He then leaned back in his chair and looked out of the window; his facial expression showed that he was dazing off into a daydream.

Michael sighed and looked at the clock that was hanging above the kitchen door. He had been in the café for about half an hour now, which surprised him since it didn't feel like that long. He pushed himself a bit away from the table and slowly got up to leave, because he didn't want to leave y/n alone anymore.

"Where do you want to go now?" Harry asked as he looked up at the other, who shortly stopped with his actions. "Home." was the only thing he said before he turned around and walked towards the door. As he opened it a strong breeze messed with his hair and made him close his eyes for a second.

He didn't hesitate and stepped outside, marching towards the border of the town to get back to his car.
It bothered him that he didn't know what Loomis what up to at the moment, but even though he really wanted to find out he couldn't risk to give away the place they were hiding right now.

Michael sighed as his eyes followed the road he was walking down.
All he wanted to do for now was get back to y/n and forget everything that was going on around them. And also, he just really wanted to get into their bed and sleep.

As he got into the car, he drove off, not even bothering to look back.
The car drive didn't take as long as before, because he speed up halfway through so he would be home as quick as possible. He didn't care about the other cars that came from the other direction, causing one of the drivers to lose control over the car and land in the ditch at the side of the road.

As soon as he got to the house, Michael speed-walked inside, where he nearly walked over the tired looking boy. Y/n looked up at the other and raised a brow out of confusion.
"Where were you?" His voice sounded hoarse, probably because he woke up not too long ago.

"Don't worry about it."
Michael brushed through the boy's hair and placed a kiss on his forehead before he carefully pushed him towards the stairs.
Y/n went along with it, still too tired to bombard the man with more questions.

Upstairs, Michael got out of his clothes and layed down, waiting for the boy to climb under the covers with him. Neither of them said a word. As y/n started to drift off to sleep, Michael just stared at the ceiling as his mind ran wild on him.

He couldn't forget the feeling he had when he thought that Loomis had seen him. He couldn't stop thinking about the things that could have happened if they actually came after him. There were so many possible ways of how the situation in the town could have ended and he was glad that he was lucky enough to get one that didn't end in anyone dying.

Michael closed his eyes as he listened to the wind that hit against the windows, not hearing the car engine going off in front of the house.

Here you go
New chapter
Yaaaaas
XD
Hope you like it and that it's not too shitty.
As you can tell, we're slooooowly getting to the end, but I'm not done yet.
I still have something planned and I sure hope that you'll like it.

Anyway, see ya my dudes!\(^0^)/