Chapter 21

Not long after Michael and y/n left the café, the blonde waiter grabbed the phone on the counter and dialed the number of the police station; he was always up-to-date with everything that was going on so he knew exactly who had been sitting there not even a minute ago.

The police officer, that answered the phone, tried to write everything the other man was mumbling down, though it was hard for him to understand anything at first. It took him at least ten minutes to calm the young man down before he could start his usual routine; he asked him what his name was, what happened, where it happened and so on.

"I swear to god, Michael Myers was sitting here and ordered a fucking espresso. How come that you're not doing anything?!" The waiter yelled through the phone. The officer just rolled his eyes and sighed.

"First of all, you didn't answer all my questions. Also, are you sure it was Myers? Do you have any evidence that can proof that it was him and not just somebody that happend to look like him?" He asked while rubbing his forehead; people like this always gave him a headache and if he knew that he'd do nothing but taking phone calls and write down all the things people hear or see he'd never decided to become an officer. Instead he would have took the job in his father's company, like he was originally supposed to.

The waiter on the other end of the line was quiet for a moment before his highpitched voice broke the silence.

"The camera! We have a camera that's recording all the time!"

"Could you prepare everything so an officer can stop by and pick up the tape? We'll make sure that the sheriff of Haddonfield gets informed as soon as we're a hundred percent sure that the person on the video is really Michael Myers." The officer brushed with his fingers through his hair while he waited for an answer; he had to wait for a few seconds before the waiter finally agreed.

With that, the phone call ended.
The officer sighed as he picked up his notes and read through them once again, to make sure he hadn't misspelled anything. After that, he got up and walked towards the office of the sheriff, where he quietly knocked against the wooden door before he walked in.

"Excuse me, but we might have found evidence for the case in Haddonfield."

The sheriff, who was reading a newspaper until then, looked up and stared at the officer.
His grey eyes seemed tired; one look into them revealed that he saw things that would scar normal people for life. They also showed that he was in a bad mood that moment and that he'd rather continue reading than doing anything else.

"Myers? Here? Are you sure it's not a misunderstanding, Anderson?"
His rough voice send a shiver down the officer's spine, also making him forget what he was going to say for a second.

"Not really, though I just got a call from the café near the marketplace and if we're lucky they might have him on camera." He sounded unsure, not convinced by his own words.
If this was nothing but a huge misunderstanding he would definitely be the joke figure of the office for believing that Michael could actually be in their town.

"So you're saying, the probably most wanted man in America right now just walked into a café and ordered a coffee? Are you fucking stupid?"
The sheriff's words hit deep though Anderson didn't show it since he knew that the old man didn't mean it like that; at least that's what he was hoping.

"That's exactly what I thought. I'm just sharing informations, I'm not the one who actually saw him so I can't tell you anything but the things I heard."

The old man sighed before he turned around in his chair and stared through the small window behind his desk. If Michael was actually there, they had to do something as quick as possible.

"Inform the sheriff of Haddonfield. Tell him what we know and ask him to come. If this could actually lead us to Myers we have to act before anyhting happens again."

The officer nodded quickly before he left and speed-walked to his desk. He grabbed the phone to do as he was told and call the police office in Haddonfield.

The phone call didn't take as long as he thought, though he couldn't talk to the sheriff personally which disappointed him a little. At least someone would finally deal with Michael.

Anderson took a deep breath and leaned back in his chair. It shouldn't take them more than a few hours to get there but he was scared that they won't make it in time; if the guy in the café was really Michael then he knew that they would fine him if he stays any longer.

"Don't run away again you fucking bastard." Anderson mumbled as he brushed some dust off his uniform.
-
-
-
"As if he would be stupid enough to let himself get caught on camera. I'm sure it's a misunderstanding." The sheriff looked at Loomis, who was currently driving; the old man's eyes were focused on the street and at first it seemed like he was ignoring the man on the passenger's seat completely.

"We'll find out when we're there. Misunderstanding or not, it's worth to take a look before we judge. If they really are near that town then we could finally get them." Loomis' voice was loud; he was clearly furious about the fact that they didn't catch up to Michael yet.

"I know you want to see him behind bars but please don't get angry while you're driving. You'll get us killed."
The sheriff tightened his seatbelt and held onto the door as he noticed that Loomis was way over the speed limit.

"The faster we are, the faster we get there. So shut up and let me drive, I know what I'm doing." His answer surprised the sheriff though he didn't say anything after that. He didnt want the older man to get even more angry and lose control over the car.
He hoped that he would make it out alive and that they would make it into the town in time.

He was still not sure if he should believe that somebody actually saw Michael, because he couldn't imagine him just casually walking around.
It just didn't sound like something the man would do.

"Let's just hope that the boy is still alive." The sheriff sighed as he turned his head to look out the window; if they could at least bring y/n back home to his parents he would be able to sleep without worrying.

"Believe me, he is. I saw him at the cabin before and he didn't seem like he wanted to go home at all. He even ran away from me and I am the good guy here." Loomis pulled a toothpick out of his pocket, put it in his mouth and began to chew on it; he was still confused about the boy's behaviour though this wasn't the first case where something like this happened.

He heard of the Stockholm syndrome before but he never actually got the chance to study this subject further, which still disappointed him.
Loomis already talked with y/n's parents and they all agreed with the fact that he would need a therapist after this experience; the doctor of course volunteered and offered them his help which they gladly took.

He'd make sure to help the boy to get out of this without harm but he'd also make sure to find everything out that happened between Michael and y/n.
His curiosity about his patients behaviour would get them all into trouble though he didn't care about that at all.

Added some of Loomis and the sheriff's story cos I thought that would be...nice...idk either man
Anyway
Hope you liked it and that it's not too shitty xD
The next chapter could take a while cos I'm not really sure what I want to write...but I'll try to update within the next two months!!

Also
I'm sorry for any grammatical mistakes, I wasn't able to check for any cos I'm currently stuck in homework and preparations for two really important exams so...ye...xD

Thank you for always being so patient with me btw🙏
See yaaaa