Chapter 28

The sheriff, who's name Loomis finally knew was 'Leigh Brackett' (he wasn't sure if he had remembered the right name so he just didn't use it; he didn't ask for it, either), sat next to y/n on the floor, talking to him; they came from a small town where everyone knew each other and so it happened that Leigh and y/n's father, John, were good friends, which was another thing Loomis hadn't known until that very moment.

The doctor walked up and down in the small room, his hands fundling around with the beige fabric of his coat, as he mumbled aggressively to himself. The noises, he understood as words, sounded like random gibberish to Leigh and the boy, whose attention was now pulled toward Loomis. They shared a confused look for a split second, which said more than a thousand words. This might have been funny if they were in another situation, but right now it just seemed like the doctor was about to lose his mind.

Leigh got up and walked to Loomis, getting to a stop when he was standing right next to him. He didn't look at the other man but stared into the distance, as if the wall in front of them wasn't there.
"You know that it's no use for us if you're going crazy, right? We need to keep a clear mind so we can concentrate." He said.
Loomis snapped his head toward Leigh, his fierce look piercing right through the sheriff's barrier, making him nervous now as well.
"He", Loomis pointed at y/n,"knows something we don't know. Every little detail he's keeping from us could be important. So, instead of shit-chatting with him about old times you could make yourself useful and do your fucking job."

Leigh sighed and brushed through the little hair he had left on his head.
Some of it had been falling out because of his age, but he had lost a lot because of stress, too. Especially the past months he often had found himself in the shower with a few strains, that got pulled out when he was washing it, in his hands. The first time, the look of horror had been written all over his face and he automatically had called for his wife's name (June), who managed to calm him down before he ended up having a heart attack.

And now there it was again; a few single strains of his brown hair, some of them already being grey, between his fingers. I'll end up being bold if this won't stop he thought as he shook his hand slightly, the hair sliding off his fingers and slowly falling to the ground. A quiet sigh slipped over his lips and he turned around to sit down next to y/n again. Chatting with him managed to keep both of them calm, and it also was good for Leigh to talk to the kid he had thought had died a long time ago, killed by the man they were now waiting for. He felt stupid for not taking y/n to safety first, in case something went down. They just found him alive and he sure as hell didn't want to lose him because they were unable of protecting him.

"Say, how the hell did you survive? You don't have to tell me anything. Christ, you have the right to remain silent if you don't want to talk with us about that now, but the curiosity is killing me. It just doesn't make sense."
Leigh turned his head to look at y/n, who was side-eyeing him. The boy liked him, he practically grew up with him around. Mrs. Brackett and his mother loved to hang out and gossip about the neighbours when they were preparing the dinner, while his father and Leigh often sat on the patio, a bear in one hand and a cigar in the other. Leigh often brought him to school in his police car, which gave him a lot of attention at the first day of school. And even though he wasn't exactly a fan of getting attention, he kinda liked it.

He knew that he had to do his job and that he had to do what seemed right and arrest Michael, but he also knew that he could trust him. Though as long as Loomis was in the room he didn't want to say anything, which he made clear with a nod toward the doctor. Leigh sighed. "Could you leave us alone for a while?"

Loomis turned around and raised a brow. He wanted to object but the look he got from the sheriff let him remain silent. He was angry, anyone could tell that, and at first he wanted to stay, since (at least in his opinion) he had the right to know what they wanted to talk about. But he left anyway.

Leigh now turned his attention toward y/n, who seemed relieved that the doctor left the room.
"He is the real psychopath. ou know that,right?" He said and looked at the sheriff. "That might be true, but he didn't kill anyone. At least not yet." The sheriff said. Y/n frowned; he knew that Leigh was right and he really wished that he could change something about that. Why did everything need to turn out this way? This just isn't fair he thought, but there was no way around it. Michael eventually had to get caught and confront his punishment for what he did.

"Now boy, tell me everything that happened. And please try to not leave any detail that could be important, ok? I promise to listen till the end." And he did. He didn't say anything when the boy told him about how scared he was when he first met Michael and he thought that the man just wanted to play with him before he would kill him. A small grin appeared on his face when y/n told him about the first cabin and how disgusted he was by all the spiders that were crawling around in there. He listened when y/n told him about how Michael had warmed up toward him and how gentle he now was, and he couldn't help but notice the blush on the boy's cheeks while he was telling him that.

When y/n told him about how Loomis and he had met before and that he ended up with a sprained ankle he started feeling even more disgust toward the doctor. First he interfered in the mission and then he managed to get the missing child hurt because of his rash actions. He would make sure that he'd tell the Wilson's, so they could sue that sonofabitch as soon as possible.

Y/n looked at him with a raised brow. He was nervous, since he didn't know what would come next. Leigh seemed surprisingly calm but he was sure that the sheriff would still try to do his job and bring justice over the people who got killed, one of them being his daughter, 10 years ago, who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Leigh sighed and looked at the boy, his expression soft, at a least softer than before. Right now he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not.
"Listen, I know this might hurt you but you understand that I still have to arrest him, right? It's the law and we all have to listen to that shit, even if we don't like it." Leigh said. Y/n agreed silently, knowing that there was nothing they could do to get out of this situation.

Leigh ruffled through the boy's hair and smiled, though it was more a polite gesture than anything else.
"Don't think about it too much, ok? I see what I can do, but I can't promise you anything. I can at least try to get them from putting him on the needle. The most important thing right now though is that I get you home to your parents. They're really worried about you, especially your dear mother. June's been telling me that she didn't go to work after you disappeared. Won't even eat properly anymore." He said. Y/n looked up with wide eyes; he started to feel bad, because he rarely thought about his parents. About how they felt since he wasn't there anymore. They couldn't know that he was more than fine, that he hadn't been killed.

Leigh noticed the sudden mood change from the boy and bumped him slightly with his elbow, earning his attention with that.
"They'll be glad when I tell them that we got you back. Prepare yourself for kisses and a deadly hug because that's what will be awaiting you." With that he managed to put a smile on y/n's face.

Meanwhile, Loomis rummaged through the closet in the bedroom. He didnt know what exactly he was looking for and this might be unnecessary, but it wouldn't hurt to just check through everything before they left. That was until he heard glass shatter downstairs. He stopped immediately and froze. He is here he thought, slowly closing the closetdoor so he wouldn't produce any noise that could alarm the intruder, which he assumed was Michael. He turned around and left the room and for a split second he thought about going for the sheriff and y/n first, to tell them that they were no longer alone, but he decided not to. They are too busy with their shit anyway so why disturb them. He went for the stairs, his heart running a marathon in his chest, not because he was scared but because he was that excited. Oh, how long had he waited for this moment when he and Michael would finally meet again. And oh, how he'd love to make sure that he wouldn't get away this time.

New chapter!!!
I wrote all this today xD
I was so inspired all of a sudden so...yeah xD
Today has been a freaking great day for me.
In case you don't want to know why, just go off this chapter now xD
But for the rest...
I'LL BE GETTING TESTOSTERONE SOON!!! I'M SO HAPPY RN
I waited 4 years for this to happen and now I only have to wait a few more months...it's so...wow xD

Anyway xD
Thank you for reading this!
Hope you liked it!
See ya in the next chapter!!!