Party

I know I was meant to write a Shrek Au this chapter, but I generally have no idea how. So while I procrastinate and/or research I hope this will do instead :)
___________________________________
The three boys were at a party, a small but vivacious gathering that none of them really wanted to go to that evening. With editing to do, sleep to catch up on, and the growing need to collapse onto their beds, they all just wanted to go home.

But they were invited and stayed. Hosuh said it would be rude to not turn up, and the other two agreed it would be even more so to leave half way through.

So they sat, separated from the crowd, on a small picnic table in the yard. From afar they seemed content with only each other's company, but they really just wanted to use each other as pillows with the least amount of socialising as possible.

Hosuh was leaning into Daniel's shoulder, who was picking at a lone slice of cake with a spork. Both their heads were bowed and their bodies sluggish. Dan constantly making sure his older friend was awake and not drooling on his side. It wasn't working very well.

Stephen sat opposite them, sloughed over the table with his arms acting as a temporary cushion. His right hand was outstretched slightly, long fingers lousely tangled with Hosuh's in their dose.

With luck on their sides no one had approached them the past 20 minutes. Stephen especially had made sure all necessary congratulations and you're welcomes and other general tedious but friendly exchanges were, well; exchanged, earlier that night. Leaving them all no need to be there anymore.

And because it would be rude to leave themselves, the three were praying someone would ask them to leave.

"Is it rude to say I wanna leave?" Stephen mumbled, though he knew if that was the case he wouldn't be the only one being rude.

"I mean, we could always make up an excuse?" Daniel replied with only an ounce more vigour.
"Like what?"
"Maybe that we need to take Hosuh home?"

Stephen opened his eyes to look at the sleeping Hosuh, before turning his eyes back to the conversation. "He's not drunk Daniel, just asleep and drooling"

The green haired male hummed, shifting ever so slightly at the weight on his long been numb arm.
"We could just say he's drunk"

The other made a noise that sounded similar to a chuckle.
"He would never forgive you if you did that"
"Meh, I can live with a death glare and a pout aimed my way for a few hours. Let's go"

And with that, with a random burst of energy, Dan shifted Hosuh onto his back and walked towards the front door. Stephen followed close behind explaining to others why they had to leave so early.

If during the goodbyes anyone noticed the urgency surrounding the three, they didn't say anything. Nor did they say anything to the slight tremble of Hosuh's body on Dan's back. Like he was trying to stifle his giggling.
___________________________________
This chapter was slightly based off a personal experience, I hope I made it fluffy enough :)