Chapter Seventeen: Sharing with Him

Nate and I got cleaned up and got ready for bed. We crawled under the covers together, naked, and Nate pulled me to him so I could lay against his chest like I had the night before. Between the stress of the morning and the amazing sex during the rest of the day, I was absolutely exhausted and drifted off to sleep quickly.
I woke up in the morning to find that Nate wasn't next to me. I sat up quickly and looked around, but he was nowhere to be found. Just as I was about to find my phone and call him, he sauntered back into the bedroom, still naked, carrying a tray of food and drink.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning. You scared me I was worried that you left."

Nate sets the tray on the bed and kisses me on the forehead. "Well that would mean I'd have to be insane. I am sorry I scared you though. Maybe breakfast can make up for it?"

"Considering I've never been served breakfast in bed, I'd say you're off to a good start."

He crawled back under the covers with me and pulled the tray forward. It was piled with food I didn't even realize I had: Strawberries and mango slices, an egg and cheese omelet, buttered toast, and a cup of yogurt with granola. He had also made coffee and set both a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice on the tray.

"I'm sorry it isn't fancy. As much as my intentions are good, my cooking skills... not so much. I figured simple was better than potentially disgusting."

I nearly spit out my orange juice from giggling. "Well I appreciate that, but I'm sure I would've loved it either way."

We laid in bed sharing breakfast and talking. Most of the conversation was just small talk, but we talked about us as well. Then I remembered his meeting last night didn't go so well.

"Oh, what was the deal with the meeting last night."

"Oh man, don't even get me started. Long story short, the guy was completely incompetent and hadn't even prepared properties for me to look at that fit any of my criteria."

"That's awful, what a waste of time."

"You're telling me, I could've just skipped it and stayed with you if I had known. Luckily, I have a meeting with another real estate agent today, hopefully this one will get it right."

"Well in the meantime, why don't you just stay here?"

I blurted the words out before I could change my mind. Sure we'd only been seeing each other for a couple of days, but he was nothing near a stranger and things had felt right from the first moment we touched. Things had fallen back into place the way they should have so many years ago.

Nate looked at me, stunned. "Are you sure? I mean I'd absolutely love to, but I don't wanna push you into anything too fast."

"I'm absolutely sure. I mean it's not like you'd be moving in with me already, it's just until you can find a house. I'd feel much better with you here and it'll be more comfortable for you."

"Well sweetheart, anywhere with you is where I'll be most comfortable, but yes, I would love to stay here with you."