Chapter Thirty-Three: Fast Forward

We took a nice, warm bath together and massaged each other's sore muscles before climbing into bed.

*2 weeks later*

"I'm on my way now, just left work. I'll meet you there in about ten minutes ok?"

I was headed to Nate's new house. The new driveway was finished and they had put in the pool today, so I was excited to see the progress.
The past two weeks had been a blur of amazing days, but they had also been busy, and we were both exhausted. We were both back at work every day and spent our weekends on renovation stuff, dinners with his parents, and lots and lots of sex.
It would only be another couple of weeks before Nate would be in his new home. I had loved having him stay with me, so I knew not spending every night with him would be a tough transition.
Meeting his parents had been absolutely terrifying. I was so nervous that I'm surprised I even got full sentences out around them. However, through all the nerves, I had grown to really love his parents. Spending dinners with them had helped them get to know me, and I got to hear all about Nate's childhood.

I pulled into the new driveway and Nate was sitting on the porch waiting for me. We had painted the porch and bought two rocking chairs. We already loved sitting out there together in the evenings. I got out of my car and headed up to the porch. Nate stood to greet me with a hug and a kiss.

"Hey beautiful, how was your day?"

"Good, but much better now. How does everything look in the backyard with the pool? The driveway looks great."

"Well how about I just show you?"

Nate leads me through the house to the backyard. The workers were still there working on the tall privacy fence we were having put in. The pool was oval shaped and the tile work we choose looked amazing.

"Wow, this looks great!"

"It'll look even better when we get the water in it and the walkway around it finished. That'll be next week though before that gets done. Their focus for the rest of this week is finishing up the kitchen and master bedroom and bathroom."

Nate hadn't let me see the master suite yet, he said he wanted it to be a surprise. I absolutely couldn't wait to see it. It started to hit me how perfect this house was going to be and I worried he'd never want to come over to my place anymore.

Nate noticed my furrowed brow and slight frown. "Hey, what's wrong? Do you not like it? Whatever you don't like, we can get fixed."

"No, it's not that, everything here looks perfect... too perfect."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm just worried with this amazing new house you'll never want to come over to my place anymore."

"Sweetheart, no. We have already made so many memories in just a few short weeks at your house. I love being there with you. That'll never change. I mean, will I love having you here with me? Absolutely, as much as possible, but that doesn't change how much I love being in your home with you."

I smile and hug him. He always knew exactly what to say to calm my insecurities and to make me feel loved. "I love you."

"I love you too, baby."

We talk to the workers putting up the fence as they finish up. Then Nate shows me the new deck and yard lights that were installed. They add just the right amount of light in the backyard and the pool lights will add even more.
Nate tells me to wait on the back deck while he runs to the store. When he comes back he tells me to close my eyes. When I open them, I see that he's prepared a picnic on a big blanket in the yard. There's wine, strawberries, and sandwiches for us to eat.

"You never cease to amaze me with all of your romantic gestures."

Nate smiles, "Well, I'm just full of surprises."

We sit there eating and talking. Lightning bugs are flying around as we lay beneath the stars. Nate grabs a big quilt and we cuddle under it as the breeze starts to cool down. September here was unseasonably cool, but we were enjoying it.
As we snuggle up under the quilt, Nate pulls me close and begins kissing me. His hands slide around to my back and he reaches under my shirt to lightly scratch my back. His tongue parts my lips as our kissing gets more intense. He pulls me on top of him and pulls the blanket up over our heads.

I giggle, "What are you doing?"

"I want you, but I don't want the neighbors to see."

"Well sweetheart, that's great, but isn't that what the privacy fence is for?"

"Oh... right."

Nate throws the quilt off of us and rolls us over so he's on top. The idea of taking me here, in the backyard, must've turned him on, because everything became more intense and deliberate.
He quickly yanks off my cardigan and then my tank top, leaving me in my red silk bra. He sits up to remove his own shirt and then yanks down my pants to reveal my black panties. I had learned to always have sexy bras and panties on because I never knew where or when we might have sex.