Chapter:6 Its all about Valentine

"I have set my plans. If you like it then stay. If not, there's the door. See if I care." Klaus said without any concern got up and strolled upstairs where Caroline was already present. walks

"You all!" Klaus pointed toward his compelled vampires who came running.  "Replace those dead vampires."

He did not know if something like that would be possible considering Valentine was not aware of their arrival. He would be cautious, probably inspecting every one of his guys.

Klaus and Caroline looked at each other and said nothing. She was speechless at what she had witnessed.
Klaus didn't care about it either and stepped past her, vanishing to his room. 

Caroline glanced at him for one last time before climbing down, occupying the place where Klaus sat before beside Rebekah.

"Looks like you're a brother is completely obsessed with power," Caroline said, her voice low so that the big bad hybrid couldn't hear them talk.

"Yeah, he is! One day his obsession is gonna drove us away once and for all. I hate him." Rebekah replied glumly.

"I don't think so! The way you deal with him, it's just so clear you still love him." She finally told her what she had observed.

"I guess when you spend a thousand years with someone deciding to quit them is like losing a part of yourself but sometimes...the hate is just so powerful." She said, truthfully.

"You are an original. Why don't you just find Elijah and Marcel yourself."

"Because if I cross my brother, then there's still a coffin downstairs with my name on it," Rebekah replied hopelessly.

Caroline gave a little smile that made Rebekah curious. She bend down and pulled out two silver daggers from her shoes.

Rebekah was shocked.

"Where did you find them?".

"Under your coffin. Take them. If these couple of antique steak knives were the only thing stopping you from getting them both back, then here you go," Caroline replied and handed both daggers to Rebekah.

"And thank you., Caroline said with generosity.

"For what? because I think I  should be the one thanking you". Rebekah said with little confusion.

"Since you killed Klaus' men at the bar, Klaus sends those freaky vampire bodyguards to replace his dead men. So, thank you!".

Both smile at each other.

*****

Sophie entered the Mikealson plantation mansion as if it was her own place. Klaus, who was busy with his drink and reading his mother's grimoire, looked up.

He didn't seem happy when he saw Hayley was with her.

Rebekah gave the same response who sat across the couch, sipping the blood.

"Why is Hayley out of the cemetery where vampires can't get in." Klaus growled." You were meant to protect her."

"We have a problem,"  Hayley replied as she and Sophie took seats beside Rebekah. Klaus too occupied his place.

"Last night, Valentine's vampire killed three witches in rousting at Cauldron. Since your sister pissed off Valentine, he thinks the french quarter witches are cooking up something with Mikealsons against him." Sophie decided to speak first.

"How does it involve Hayley. What kind of harm is she in?" Klaus snarled.

"Actually there is!" The intensity in Sophie's voice made Klaus stare at her in confusion. "One of the dead witches was an elder who put an anti-vampire barrier in the cemetery. Now that she is dead, anyone can enter. Even though Hayley is cloaked, we can't risk her as a Valentine possess a huge source of power."