Chapter 12: Broken

"Away, from you."  Caroline replied rudely.

"And where would you like to go alone in the town you barely know?"

"Anywhere, but not with you."

"You're coming with me, Now."  He said with the authority he always had over her.

"I'm no more your prisoner, remember?"Caroline glared. "I am free now. I can go wherever I think I fit."

Klaus stared then took a sharp breath. "You know even after saving my unborn child a moment ago, I'm still going through countless emotions and I don't have much appetite left to argue with you. So, come with me."

He barely took a step at her when she screamed. "No!" Her reluctance surprised Klaus. "Was that easy? To hurt someone's else child? Was that easy to think about someone you love while hurting a who means the world to someone else?"

"I know you're new to this world, Catoline but this is how it is. You'd meet people like me. There is no easy way."

"Then I can't be part of your world. It hurts to even think what I saw in there." She cried.

"You knew what you were getting into ."

She sniffed, wiping a tear. "Yes. And I regret now. I was too engrossed in your world that I forgot this was exactly why I'm like this. Why I ended up here, with you."

"You're in shock, Caroline." Klaus kept his pain aside. "I was out of options back there," Klaus fireback. " My child could've died."

Caroline sighed, wiping the remaining tears. "I understand the situation and I too care for Hayley and your child. More so, I know you have a good side in you, Klaus but I can't ignore the bigger picture. Memories or no memories atleast I know what humanity is. And using force or fear is not a way to get your things done. I can never be someone like you no matter what."

Klaus looked away first to hide how hurt he was. The distance between them seemed to magnify. "You want to stay away. Fine! But now is not the time. It's too late and dangerous. I can't leave you alone. Just Stay for one more night. Do as you please tomorrow."

"I can take care of myself. I have to." She turned back again. "Trust me on this and don't follow me"

****

The compound was occupied by Valentine and Thierry who arrived after a quick glance at the quarter.

"Klaus has been making big moves behind our back, Val. I already warned you about him." Thierry said.

"And it's all waste until I have Davina." He replied without any worry, pouring themselves a drink early in the morning.

"Marcel once talked about Klaus and told me to never underestimate him. I'm sure if he were alive today he would be more cautious."

Valentine's face grew angrier.
"You still aren't over that traitor Marcel?"

Theirry resonsed in negative. " I'm just concerned and chriious on why did you even invite Klaus and his sister to the party?'

"Because they are people tp be intrested about." He replied. "Among all of us, they unkillable. No matter gow big our army is. We will fall short for them.  The party was an invitation fo negotion and alliance."

"But aren't we still on neck to neck?"

He nodded his head. "We are. But we have a advantage."

Their conversation was interrupted and Valentine slammed his glass away at the timing. He neither was in any mood to meet another official of New Orleans nor to stop a rookie fight if any had broken inside the clique.