Chapter 10: Off the Bayou

Hayley lied upon a huge glass table with Sabine and Caroline standing next to her. The witch began her work as she held a pendant, waving it side by side right above Hayley's belly.

Moments went by; quietness prevailing as both of them waited for Sabine to break the silence. 

"I think it's a girl," the witch announced, earning happy glances from them.

Mere seconds passed when Sabine turned stoic, worried as she eyed the about to be mother. "No, wait!" They heard her saying.

"Wait what?” Hayley cried, exchanging tensed glances. “Please tell me I'm not having a mini Klaus."

There was no response and it was making room for more tension.

As they both watched, Sabine had her concentration fixed on the pendant. Caroline almost yelped when the lifeless thing began to glow. She was still not quite used to the voodoo that was happening around her. 

Sabine suddenly gasped, the pendant leaving her grasp, and touching the ground. "Nos Omnia perdetu El team". The witch chanted while Hayley and Caroline witnessed, their eyes wide opened.

"What was that?" Caroline asked as soon as Sabine returned normal.

"Just witchy anxiety, I guess.” Sabine's voice had shaken slightly. “Anyway, you should celebrate. It's a girl.”

The tension seems to be long forgotten as Hayley and Caroline smiled.

"I'll get you some water,” said sabine as she made her way to the kitchen. Making sure she wasn't being watched, she took out her phone and dialed.

"Hey, Agnes! It's about the werewolf girl."

*********

"You invited me in. Brave move." Klaus commented, glancing around the room with caution. The attic was small and packed and appropriate for a teenage girl like her. Candles lit the place, fresh flowers perched inside the vases, hinting Klaus that Davina was used to visitors.

"I'm not afraid of you." She replied, confidence and honesty evident in her physique.

“Naive but I'll give you that." As he stated, his eyes fell at a particular spot. With so many things squashed inside the attic, it felt odd to him why that place wasn't used up to shift the things. 

Davina carefully studied Klaus staring at the spot where the coffin stood. The scent of Sandalwood was filled in the air and she wished Klaus wouldn't be able to realize a cloaking spell was holding the coffin out of his sight.

He was staring at nothing. Her magic was working.

"Why are you here, Klaus? How did you find me?" Davina decided to get straight.

"There's nothing I can't find, love." He replied, withdrawing his gorgeous eyes from the spot, and looked at her. "And now to answer your second question. It's quite simple actually. You see Davina, I'm here willing to offer you an alliance."

Davina chuckled, passing him an uninterested look.

Klaus knew no sane person who knew him would trust him. But its all about the chase. "I know you're friends with Valentine and I also know you help him."

"Then you also might be aware that I'm the one keeping everyone at bay and I can keep you too. So about your alliance or whatever.m, it doesn't interest me at all. "

Klaus crossed his arms. "Now why would a girl deny a chance of better life?"

"What do you mean?"

"I simply mean there are so many things you can get out of me." He said. “The one you wish the most."