Chapter 26: Hope

Caroline comes out of the room, after taking class. She is tired and exhausted but it's not the physical stress, it's a mental stress. She look at hope who is busy chatting with the Saltzman twin, trying hard to get friendly with them while Lizzie as always,showing off to every new comer. She listens their giggle and again look at Hope, who was a stranger to her until an hour ago. Her  mind is chasing an answer to a question.' who she reminds her of? And she can't find who.

It's been 7 years when Caroline and Davina left new Orleans. Thankfully, they ran into a witch who brought them  here and got a new home, the Salvatore boarding school.

Caroline changed her identity from everyone. No one knows about her real story, not even  the headmaster and headmistress. She took her mother's name " Isabelle Forbes" and Davina has cloaked themselves so his step father can't trace her.

Caroline breathe out, taking final look at hope and started walking in the corridor, trying to compare hope with the people she knew. She stops and whisper-" Klaus".

"No No! Not Klaus. She's Marshall not Mikealson. Come on, Caroline. Just move on!". She closes her eyes for a moment and resumes walking but bumps into someone.

"Oh I am sorry. I wasn't looking carefully".

"Better be careful next time". Sam said, smiling at Caroline.

(Sam Wilson, one of the staff is a werewolf)

"Sam, I thought you were coming next week. ". Caroline said.

"Even I thought so". He said and wraps Caroline in his arms and they kiss.

Caroline smiles and parted herself, her cheeks red in blush.

"I missed you Izzy".

Caroline again smiles at him and they started to walk together.

"So how's your mom?". Caroline asked.

"She's great. I wanted to spend more time with her but Alaric called me. A kid triggered his curse and I should be here to help him".

"Of course, you should. I m glad you're back but now stop wasting time. You better Go and meet the kid, like now". Caroline said.

Sam nodded and walks away. Caroline comes outside in the play ground where students are playing sports, just like a quidditch match.

She stands still, enjoying the warmth of sunlight falling on her skin when her supernatural hearing senses were alerted as she heard a familiar voice.

Caroline spin around, glanced at the headmaster's office which is a little away.

She tries to look through the window but the curtains are blocking her way.

"We all want this a secret. I don't want anyone to know who she is! Not even your wife and daughters". The unknown person's voice, a woman's voice echoes Caroline's ear.

The voice is clear, like a recorded sound of a voicemail but she wonders who can be she and what secret she is talking about.

Caroline steps toward the office, thinking of whose voice it can be, which is familiar but before she can cross the ground, Davina comes, her hand wounded and blood oozing out.

Caroline is shocked .

"What Happened, Davina?"

"A spell went wrong. It was disaster. I rushed before any newly turned vampire looses his control and get punished for two day-  imprisonment in the basement"

Caroline softly chuckles, her mind diverted by the voice. They came inside the boarding house, went straight to Caroline's room.

Davina sit on the edge of the bed, holding her hand and stopping the blood flowing out.