Chapter:9 Feeling Stranger

Caroline freaked at the old lady's reply.

"No, this is the right address. My uncle Jack lives here with his wife and two daughters."

"I'm sorry my child, but this house belongs to my husband." She answered politely.

She turned her face to Klaus, who seemed just as puzzled as her. He then stepped forward, compelled the lady if she wasn't lying.

They were disappointed with the answer.

"Let's check the neighbors." Klaus told her and she simply nodded. As they were about to go, the old lady interrupted them.

"I've been living here for years, I know this area and there's no one named Jack or Kate Williams. You must have got the wrong address." The lady confidently informed them. There was not point of lying, she was compelled.

Caroline's heart sank. That couldn't be. She lived here, she guessed. Then why couldn't she find the home she thought she had spent her life? In spite of the bizarre feeling, she decided to ask further.

" No, it can't be! I-"

Klaus held her arm and carefully dragged her away. Behind them, the lady closed the door as she sensed the conversation was over.

"What are you doing, Klaus?" She asked trying free her arm.

"I think there's no one named Jack or Kate Williams." He released her arm.

"Of course they are. I lived with them since childhood," She said adamantly.

"Yes! Lived-Past tense. Look around! I can still see how bewildered you look."

"A little, yes! But I have this feeling I live here. My uncle and my aunt took me in after my parents died. I play with their little daughters, babysit them and so much more." She justified herself.

Klaus blinked his eyes in little annoyance. "Fine! Do tell me if you remember any other details other than this fake address. How do they look like? You said they are quite influencial here." Klaus crossed his arm, fully aware of Caroline's answer.

"Yes they're,"

"Then that woman wasn't very well aware about him after all."

Caroline blankly stared at him for a moment. She hoped he was wrong and closed her eyes. The images started to form. She saw herself standing on the porch, her eyes staring the beautiful environment.

At the small garden, two girls were enjoying their swing. Giggles filled her eyes and she had smiled at them. She tried to look hard as they seemed distance despite the facts that the girls where a few steps away from.

She rubbed her eyes and the images of two girls blurred more than before.

Caroline!

A voice called her from behind and when she turned, she found nothing. The house was empty. It was just building, a replica of a hollow, deviod of any life.

Tears and horrer surrounded her. She thought she was going to fade. Allnof sudden, that same house disappeared right before her eyes. The porch faded and so do the girls. Caroline looked around, only to find herself in a dark place. Nothing around her but darkness. It was an illusion. It was an illusion. She muttered to herself.