Chapter 21: The journal

Caroline found the Klaus' journal in one of the drawers. It was dusty and the pale papers were filled with a neat hand writing .

Flipping pages over, she read.

"This is the day I feel alive. I found a place where I am far away from the terror of my father. This place has given my humanity back which I've lost a long ago. New Orleans is my greatest achievement.

(Turns another page)

My name was only use to terrorize people but now I can see the happy faces of  people ,who are taking my name with gratitude and admiration.

I made my peace with mayor, governor and werewolf but the witches don't seem to end the choas. I really want to rip them all apart but Elijah, who is in love with one of them want me to stay off.

Caroline turns another page. The ink was vivid, showing rush in the hand writing .

"Its been week since I massacred the witches including Elijah's love interest, Celeste who sworn ......"

Before Caroline could finish it, valentine entered the room. Her hands shook as she hurriedly tried to hide the journal but it slipped off her hands and fell down.

Valentine grabbed it, flashing a fierce yet calm look.

"Why am I here?". Caroline asked, noticing his calm reaction. 

"You are a hostage." He said, putting the journal on the table. "Keeping Klaus away from me and my plan."

"What plan are you talking about?"

"You ask so many questions. Sadly,  you didn't even get yours answered yet."

"That won't take long, valentine." She glared. "I'll find a way to undo whatever the hell you did to me. I will uncover my truth and then I'll come for you"

It looked like what she said left an impact on him. He was too stunned to speak before brusting into laughter.

"Seriously Caroline?" He said as he tried to control his laughing.
" You think you can take down me. The one who turned your life upside down. It's almost two months and the fiercest vampires of the history couldn't take down a normal vampire........ It's just the  beginning, Caroline. You don't even know the half of it."

"Oh yeah! The plan you got from klaus' journal. How did you even get that?" Caroline yelled at him, grabbing the journal from the table .

"You gave it to me and see how this one journal is gonna change the history of vampires".

"What do you mean? What the hell are you up to?" Caroline yelled once again, frowning her eyebrows in anger.

Valentine got off his chair.

"So noisy you are." Valentine said while he pulled out the keys of cupboard. He opened it and took out a bottle of bourbon. Caroline eyed everything inside the cupboard. The locker drew her attention.

Valentine shut the doors of the cupboard and poured himself a drink.
"Sometime in 1800s when the Mikealsons agreed their terms with the governor. Elijah Mikealson met a witch, Celeste Dubios. They started to hangout and end up falling in love with each other. Klaus didn't like the idea of his brother getting along with witches.

He was jealous because Elijah skipped the meetings and works to meet Celeste. Klaus was jealous about the importance,Elijah gave her over him so he killed her . Along with her, he massacred a lot of witches." Valentine sipped the bourbon and continued. "The dying witches sworn to destroy Klaus."