Chapter:13: Let go gentle

Like a clockwork, Davina made her way to the music store at the corner of the street where plenty of band guys stood who played and sang to entertain the locals.

With backpack on shoulders, she smiled widely at the view of flowers at the florist shop that gave away smell. After school, she often used to visit the shop and find music album of her likings.

"You never miss these," Marcel happened to be there as well who might have come for his vampire business.

"Marcel, long time no see!" Davina said and rushed to him. Marcel had been close with Davina's parents and they both seem to get along.

"I was just busy maintaining peace with our communities." He confirmed her prediction. "But my vampires aren't liking the idea of liberty I am giving to people like yours and others."

" Marcel, you're doing the right thing." She said. "Someone has to step up."

"I know but they are rebellious." He chuckled sadly and after he beat he shook of the his gloomy tone. "Anyway, how's the violin boy."

Davina blushed as Marcel mentioned Tim and said. "He's great. I picked these CDs for him. He likes it."

"And also the girl who picked it." He teased, making her blush.

..

Her canvas tumbled down as Davina came back to reality, after called by Valentine several times. She still hadn't recovered from the trance and looked around, her gaze briefly falling at the cakset lying in her small room.

"Davina?" Valentine's voice was sharper and she finally looked at him.

Picking up her canvas back, she responded. "Val!"

"What were you thinking?"

His question made her nervous for a second. Blinking away, she answered. "Ahh..nothing. Just a memory. Anyways, why are you here?"

"Just checking up."  His tone was casual but she could make out something wasn't right.

"Val, is everything, okay?"

Valentine scoffed. "I don't know. I was just wondering about something.*

"About what?" Davina asked with curiosity.

"Trust, loyalty. I just discovered one of my friends betrayed me." Like a grim, he was talking. "My man was working with Klaus behind my back and now I'm afraid to trust anyone. I can't figure out who's my friend and who's not."

That did made Davina tensed and to hide her uneasiness, she turned her face away. The events of last night came rushing back and she wasn't sure if Valentine could take another betrayal from her. He was already upset.

Hesitatingly, she continued the conversation. "You're right. I would be worried too if I were you."

"How's Tim, by the way?  Have you seen him lately?"

Davina almost loose her mind over that particular question. "I haven't left this attic for past eight months"

Valentine stayed mum for a few seconds before moving toward the window and satred out. Davina, still nervous inside decided to finish her drawing partly to avoid any further conversation.

Valentine folded his hand, remembering the photo he had seen of Klaus with Tim. Seeing the blunt hesitation on Davina's face confirmed his suspicion. His anger multiplied but he remained calmed and looked back at Davina who was busy sketching.