Chapter 44: The spirit within

"This is first and last favour I'm doing for you!" Alaric Saltzman's voice retorted, showing anger. He and his wife were shocked when Davina told them the truth about her and Caroline. It took Davina a lot to convince them to help Caroline and the Mikealsons because Alaric was pissed with the whole lying thing. And the involvement of his daughters pulled him to the edge, but he agreed, reluctantly because Hope Mikealson had been a good student.

Caroline was lying on the bed, a room next to them. Her head was comfortably laid upon Klaus's lap. He has been there since they arrived. Elijah had asked klaus to let him to talk because he knew that Klaus may discourage or threatened the Saltzman into helping them. Klaus hadn't backed out easily either. He got into a tough arguments with Elijah until Elijah promised that he would go to any extent to save his love life.
Klaus had been listening all the conversation between Elijah and Freya and Alaric. He looked at Caroline and caressed her cheeks. Few strands of hairs danced upon her face. This remind Klaus the first time he saw her. At that time also, she was unconscious, unaware of anything. A beautiful innocent girl, unknown with demons of world. He tucked those blonde locks of hair behind her ears, just like the first time. He wished is he could go back in time and save her from all the darkness that surrounds her.

But he couldn't!

......

Valentine struggled for his power under a circle. It was witch's circle drawn by Eldest Mikealson, Freya. The circle was made upon a pentagram and in it's each side, a powerful dark object was kept. Those small but powerful object and Freya's spell nullified his power.

"Stop rambling, will you?" Stated kol frustratedly. He was babysitting valentine while his siblings have gone to talk to Alaric Saltzman to convince him to let his daughter help them.

"Where am I?" Valentine growled.

"Mystic falls, backyards of Salvatore boarding school and it will be better if you stay quiet. You're scaring kids studying in the school!" He joked, without any sarcasm.

"Mystic falls! My first home and my last destruction!" Valentine chuckled as he finally gave up and quietly sat on the ground.

"You're quite sentimental and paranoid at the same time." There was a silence for a moment. "Ofcource this is what we are, Vampires! Who suck human blood so they can live a human life. Isn't it's strange we are still bounded with emotions even we are dead."

"I loved a woman very much, even after when I was turned into a monster I never wanted to be! I plotted and kicked Marcel out of the scene because he won't let me go back into my normal life. I did all of this for her only to find that my wife cheated on me! She's the reason I am this. I blame her because she made me this way!" Valentine said to kol as if he become his long lost buddy. "Caroline told me that if I haven't killed her, then maybe I could have a chance with her. Maybe I would have forgiven her and led a life I dreamt!"

"If you want me to tell Caroline that you regret killing her, then I'll pass the message. Consider it the fulfillment of your last wish!" Kol commented.

Valentine drew his black eyebrows together and glared Kol. "You're right! I regret it but you don't have to do it yourself because when I will walk out of here alive, you'll be the first one I will kill!"

"Sorry to disappoint you mate. Your wish will always be a wish. By the end of the night, you won't exist!"

"Whatever you're planning, it's pointless. I can not be killed. Your pathetic mother made sure that no weapon can be concocted to stop me!"

"That's where you are totally wrong!" Entered Freya with a grin, Elijah too appeared after her.

"You think you can stop me?" Growled valentine, inside that witchy circle.

"Very much!" Elijah said and the twins arrived with their father. Valentine quiverred his eyes brown at them.

"So that's your plan!" He laughed. "Now these two pathetic munchkins are gonna take me down!"

"Certainly!" Elijah replied while Freya drew another circle. "Because these munchkins aren't just any witches. They come from a special bloodline called gemini coven. So they are not just gonna destroy the hollow but also turn you into dust!"

"Okay enough of the chit chat, brother. Where is Klaus and Caroline!" Freya asked.

"Just in time." Klaus walked in, carrying Caroline in his arms.

"Good! Now get her inside the circle" Freya turned. "Now Josie and Lizzie are you ready?"

The twins nodded while Klaus put Caroline into the other circle drwan by Freya.  Josie and Lizzie, too get inside it

"Began!" Freya requested. And both twins began to chant the spell. They were on halfway when Freya sigh Klaus to remove the menacles. As soon as Caroline was free from those, the twins drew out the power and transported it into Valentine.

Valentine shrieked in pain and collapsed and exactly at the same time, Caroline woke up, gasping. She hugged Klaus as she saw him.

"We don't have much time!" Freya said, drawing everyone's attention from Caroline's to her. "We have to end valentine before he wakes up otherwise, we won't be able to stop  him. " Saying so, freya ran toward valentine with some herbs but soon she was blown away and so do, others. Alaric held her daughters in his grasp while they all flew away and fall on the ground.

Valentine woke up and the circle was disrupted. It was gone.

"Hello again!" He said, showing his blue eyes that were the resemblance of the hollow and got up on his feet. "It's good to see you for the last time!" He smiled, devilishly while the Mikealsons exchanged worried glance.

_______________

VOTE AND COMMENT.

AND BE PREPARE FOR FINAL CHAPTER!