Chapter 16: The tale of Valentine

Seven years ago.

The newly turned Valentine had hidden in the shadows for a week, forced to feed on blood. Most of the time, he loathed the way he had an urge to drink blood. The shame of a killer was driving him mad.

In the span of time, he discovered the existence of supernatural creatures and their forces. It fascinated him just as much as it scared him and on the top of that his missed his family who must have been waiting for him to come back.

Watching Marcel from yards away, he gathered his strength to talk to the king. So far he was kind to his people who came to seek favor or assistance. He denied no one.

"Hey, Marcel, Is there's any chance to get daylight ring sooner."

Marcel, taken aback looked at him as if he heard a silly joke. His expression changed as he studied Valentine's face with amusement, perhaps inpressed with his guts to come over and demand a ring.

With a kind smile, Marcel told him. "Not until you learn to control your hunger. You've been sired a week ago."

"I'm already in control. I just want to meet my family. They must be worried sick and searching for me. I want to see them."

"Not possible." He clicked his tongue, tired of hearing the same excuse to get a daylight ring. "The minute you meet them, all you'd think about is the blood pumping through their veins. You're only gonna hurt them. So it's better to stay away. Until then consider us your family"

There was no room for discussion anymore. Marcel had decided and even if Valentine wished to attack him and steal his own ring away, there was no possibility he would walk away alive.

The other vampire seemed to sense the tension so they circles around, daring him to try and get it. Swallowing his anger and hate for them, he silently walked away, burning inside.

....

Klaus, alone and empty, was on his way to his home. He was hurt and hungry but he had lost his appetite to compel a human for his blood without making a fuss. The road was crowded, and he was on his foot however his mind had taken a deep dive at the moment where Caroline was crying over and over on a dead witch girl as she begged him to leave her alone and so he did.

He had no excuses to give.

Somewhere between the swarm of people ahead of him, he could make out a familiar face. Alerted, he froze on his spot for a second and squinted his eyes at person.

The familiar guy had disappeared but Klaus's abilities never disappointed him. He swooshed into the crowd and seconds later had successfully dragged the person out to a corner, holding him by the neck.

"Marcel." Klaus whispered, his eyes wide, mouth half-open in shock. He looses his grip around Marcel, his brilliant eyes turning misty at his adoptive son he had not seen in two centuries.

Marcel smiled at him, relieved expression formed on his face.

They didn't waste another second and Klaus swept him away with his superspeed and paused when they entered the Mikealson mansion.

Rebekah's eyes fell on Marcel. She skipped putting grocery on the fridge and sped at him, encircling him in her arms.

Klaus had gone straight to the Kitchen, finishing what Rebekah was doing before pulling out blood bags.

"Marcel." Rebekah lovingly called his name before pulling him in a little kiss.

They both separated. "Where the bloody hell have you been?"