~Chapter 1~

Rei Nezu Stood on the roof of her apartment building, the smell of pizza was being emitted from the restaurant across the street. 

Her hair blowing behind her from the wind, "Why are you out so late?" Her adopted father's voice caused her to shift. 

"I could ask you the same thing" she smirked softly greeting her father, "Nerves?" he asked with his lighthearted voice.

 "I guess you could say that" she wasn't normally this cold and allusive but the thought of going to school with her father tomorrow to act as an intern made her feel queasy. 

"They'll love you" He sat on the edge of the building kicking his legs back and forth. He was only tall enough to stand by her hip but she had a lot of respect for the man who had taken her in at a young age. 

"They don't know about me" She replied calmly playing with her long hair, "You know why I had to keep you a secret" It was true, him being the principle of such a prestige school would create rather large targets on him and anyone important to him. 

"Are you sure I'm ready?" A rhetorical question, she knew his response. "Of course, your quirk has been molded and your experience is a good stepping stone to becoming a pro" Rei lifted her eyes and stared at the moon in acknowledgment.

 "You should go rest for tomorrow Rei" He stood up and patted her hand and began climbing down the ladder.

 Rei sighed and tied her hair in a bun, she zipped up her jacket and leaned over the edge. She scaled down with ease and began walking down the street when she was overthinking walking would ease her thoughts.

 Soon the smell of pizza drifted off into the night and the sounds of cars whizzing past soon took their place. Her black converse blending in with the darkness, her blue eyes slightly showing from the darkness. 

"Hey there," she continued walking trying to ignore the calls from drunk men that would sometimes venture her way, "Don't ignore me". She picked up her pace which angered the man, "you dumb bitch-" He gripped onto her wrist but quickly got kneed in the stomach and elbowed in the back.

 She gripped onto his hair and slammed him onto the curb, She bit her lip and knelt beside the groaning man.

 "I-I'm sorry, I get too carried away sometimes" She helped him up and he staggered, "What the hell is wrong with you?" he asked wiping the blood off his nose. 

"I don't know..." She opened up her pocket and pulled out a band-aid, "Don't touch me" he moved away, she snapped her fingers and everything went still.

 All the birds stopped flying and the cars stopped moving, The belligerent man stayed in place as she dabbed at his nose with her jacket and quickly put a band-aid on his cheek which had gotten cut from the curb.

 She searched through her pockets and gently shoved a tic-tac in his mouth, he needed it. She began walking off and snapped her fingers again, everything went back to how it was. 

Rei nezu was a time wielder. When she got back home she regarded her father sipping his tea, he looked her over and smiled. 

"I'm going to bed" she smiled and he nodded in reply, she opened the door to her room and smashed her face into her pillow. 

"I used it to carelessly" She whispered looking over her hand which was aching, "Damn". She hugged her pillow and closed her eyes, she had limits to which her power could be used and she certainly had weaknesses. 

 using her power for more than a minute caused pain and strain on her mental capabilities, Within seconds she had fallen prey to exhaustion and had drifted into slumber.