~Chapter 16~

Rei P.O.V

I strolled into the building and set a bag of cash on my biological father's table, "You faced a pro?" that damn liar. 

"You knew he would show up" I used my words carefully, "Of course I did" He threw me a cigarette which I caught with ease.

 I put it in my mouth and he lit it for me, "Eight weeks and you are finally ready to take your place among us" He put his hand on my shoulder as if symbolizing our new found companionship. 

"It feels longer" I made a halfhearted joke, the reality was, I had been stuck in a time loop for a year. A loop of my mother's death, a loop of my childhood on repeat, never-ending.

 I would watch me as a child strike a punching bag while he yelled at me to get stronger, I watched me vomit all over myself till my wretching was just ringing in my ears. 

"Every time you try and go back in time you come back screaming" I winced and bit my lip tightly enough so that I broke the skin and beads of red liquid formed. 

"How long were the loops?" He paced around me and I take another hit off the cigarette, "My childhood was on loop for exactly four hundred and twelve days" I clutched my pants. 

"That's brilliant, you can stay stuck in time for that long without dying" he found this all so fascinating, "I could see things that happened in the past even though I wasn't exactly present" I opened my palm and stared at it.

 "Tell me everything" I found his remark moderately frustrating, he thought I was interesting, my pain was an analysis scheme for him. 

"I learned so many things" I had laid in a corner of the room where he killed her and watched him murder her again and again, I would screech and close my eyes begging for the loop to stop.

 But I was powerless to do it, "How'd you escape?" He asked and I tilted my head and grinned, "I learned how to control my power". 

"Then, tonight we will bring your mother back to life" he nods and walks off, "Right" I threw the cigarette on the floor and smashed it with my boots. 

I had gotten a new outfit thanks to him, it was a villain costume, while in the loop I had cut my hair in a panic. 

I couldn't explain it, but while freaking out about what was real and fake I used broken glass to slit my hair off. I decided to rest before tonight, I had to do this, for her.