~Chapter 43~

Rei P.O.V

Rain leisurely began descending from the dusky clouds overhead, the breeze blew gently causing the grass to sway.

 My sky-blue eyes gazing at my reflection in a puddle, my shawl wrapped around me tightly as the cold began seeping into my skin. 

Cars whizzed past me as I stood there thinking, 'They get worse every night, I can't even tell reality from dreams anymore' the raindrops fell onto the puddle splattering onto my boots. 

"You sure do think a lot" shivers were sent down my spine and I shifted to see a man with a hood over his head, We were on a sidewalk that was plastered on a bridge so pedestrians could cross easily. 

"Is this another dream?" I asked myself turning completely, "I can assure you it's not" He lit a cigarette and the smoke clouded the already masked face. 

"Do I know you?" I asked casually and he scoffs, "I can see you've gotten stronger and you've matured both mentally and physically" He leaned on the bridge railing looking out over the frigid water. 

"okay?" I put my hand in my pocket holding onto the hilt of the dagger just in case, "still paranoid?" He took another hit and I looked over my shoulder to make sure nobody was behind me. 

"Guess so" he answered his own rhetorical question with ease, "I should be getting home" I nod at him and take a step backward unsure if I should put my back to him.

 "Still with Eraserhead then?" He turned and flicked ash off the tip of his cigarette, I opened my mouth but no words came out and I tilt my head. 

"G-Giran?" I stammer and he chuckles and pulls down his hood to authenticate my question, "W-wait but you died" I held my forehead trying to connect the dots.

 "Just wanted to tell you that our door is always open" He winked and began shuffling off, "Giran get your ass back here!" I yell and he turns.

 "Sorry Rei, not in the mood for a lecture" and with that he continued walking off into the distance and I was left standing there. 

The rain had soaked me and I was trembling, I trudge back home and open the apartment to see Aizawa sitting on the couch with Hizashi and Vlad playing cards.

 I sneezed and they all looked up, Hizashi was the first to speak, "Holy shit Mammy~! You look freezin". 

Aizawa stood up and took my coat off for me, I muttered a thank you before he rubbed my arms and his tired eyes narrowed.

 I knew he wanted to say something but decided with the company around it would be best to wait, I felt his warm lips on my cheek and he whispered "Are you okay?" and I nodded. 

With all the stress he's been through lately with the USJ attack a month ago, it would be best to let him relax with friends without bothering him. 

"Your bandages are finally off" I state out loud and sneeze again, "Go take a hot shower and change your clothes" Aizawa ordered calmly and I decided to obey. 

"You should go tend to her, we'll wait here," Vlad spoke and Aizawa put his hand in his hair and walked over to the bathroom door. 

He knocked and I opened it and let him in, he was wearing gray sweatpants and black socks, his shirt was a v-neck and as usual, it was black. 

his face had a new scar on it from that bastard Nomu, his bandages were all off now and he could move freely. 

"You're turning purple, dumbass" He turned on the shower and I lamented, "Aizawa, do you trust me?" I asked and he gave me a questioning grunt.

 "Yeah." he took off my scarf and I watched him pull off my shirt, he winced at my scar and put his hands on my hips. 

"Its pretty ugly isn't it?" I giggled and he shook his head, "does it still hurt?" he traced his thumb over the big scar covering half of the bottom of my stomach.

 "Nope" I grab his cheeks and kiss him before pulling away to pull down my pants and my boots, I turn around to see him standing there with his hand over his mouth. 

"Get warm and i'll bring you some new clothes" He began leaving and I smiled, "Thanks Aizawa".