~Chapter 13~

Rei P.O.V

The smell of blood and decay saturated my nose as I laid on the ground beaten and weakened from the lack of nourishment I was receiving, "Get up" his words cold and stern. 

"I-i cant" I wheezed clutching onto the dirt that kept me into consciousness, "Get. Up." He seethed, I grunted and lifted myself up. 

Dirt slipping from my bruised fingers, "Pathetic" He kicked my stomach and I felt my insides tightening from the force. When my head slammed onto the ground again I felt dizzy, "Giran" A woman's voice caused me to grunt as if screaming for help.

 "What is it, Woman?" He lit a cigarette and the smoke blew into her face, My mother's face was bruised from his alcoholic tendencies, "Her quirk can't be beaten out of her" Her words were delicate and hushed.

 "I can't very well scout for the league of villains with a quirkless runt can I?", I was only seven and already had high expectations to become apart of the infamous league of villains. 

"She's a child" My mother pointed to me, "And you're interrupting" And with that, he shoved his cigarette in her face. Her scream was etched into my memory forever, "Stop it..." I panted out turning over on my knees trying to stand up.

 My eyes barely able to see much except the shadowy figures of my parents, My mother struggling to get free from my drunken fathers grasp. 

"Stop it," I said a little louder, my father turned and smirked, "What was that?" and with that, I shakily stood up, "I said, stop it" I repeated. 

My mother lifted her hand in an attempt to use her quirk but before she could Giran shot her in the chest, blood splattered the already stained ground.

 I felt something snap as if a string was being pulled apart, I stopped time without trying to and the image of my father shooting her was paused.

 I ran with every bit of strength I had left to get away, I didn't stop running... I couldn't.

 When I could feel myself getting dizzy from using the quirk too much I snapped my fingers again.

 When I did I bumped into a small creature, I was covered in bruises and blood, the creature looked up at me and the words he spoke were so kind, "Would you like some tea?".

My eyes fluttered open and I sat up, my whole body felt like it was made of rubber, "Why is this... happening?" I questioned. 

It had been years since I've had a nightmare about my past, "I need to get out of here" I felt as if my room was suffocating me.

 I nearly fell off my bed trying to scurry out of the apartment, my shorts clung to me because of the perspiration I was exhibiting from the nightmare. 

The night air was a welcoming feeling, I paced the sidewalk, "What time is it?" I looked at my phone and noticed it was rather late around one to be exact. 

"Screw it" I slipped my phone into my bra and started jogging down the sidewalk, the streets were surprisingly calm for this hour. 

I felt my socks smack on the hard concrete as I sprinted, I didn't care, I just wanted to forget about this feeling of dread. 

My quirk was pretty useless, I could simply stop time for a couple of minutes before getting weak, what was the point? I wasn't too good at combat either.

 I couldn't wield a weapon but my father pulled a few strings and that's why I was even considered a teacher at U.A, I feel such guilt.

 Like I'm lying to myself, I have everything a girl could want. A father, a nice apartment, a job, a new car, and a loving partner, oh Aizawa... If only you knew about my past. If he knew how pathetic I was, perhaps he wouldn't have kissed me...