~Chapter 38~

Rei P.O.V

(Flashback)

"Merry Christmas" I handed Aizawa a box that was neatly wrapped in snowman wrapping paper, "I haven't done this in... Forever" His face was still stoic as usual but there was a hint of red spread delicately on his cheeks.

 "Well, we'll be doing it every year from now on" My voice wavered a bit from the excitement that engulfed my mind, "Thanks" he opened it to see an entire box of hair ties and his face brightened up slightly.

 "You only had three left, I figured it was time for more" we were both sitting on his bed and a miniature Christmas tree we had in the corner of the room was flashing its multicolored lights. 

The soft sound of Christmas music in the background made the room feel warm with the holiday spirit, the snow outside was proof of that.

 Shadow curled up below the tree occasionally batting at the ornaments, Aizawa had on a black t-shirt and sweatpants while I wore a tank top and shorts.

 I handed him a bag, he eyed me suspiciously for a brief moment before pulling out an ugly Christmas sweater, "You have to be kidding" he said monotonously. 

I giggled profusely, "Try it on, I have one too" I leaned over the bed and pulled out a sweater I had been hiding for this moment.

 I slipped it on and showed him, it was ghastly, it had a fat Santa on the front wearing crocs and his eyes were bulging. 

"Watch this" I stood up on the bed and pressed a button on the side of the sweater and the Santa's crocs lit up and I put my hands on my hips proud of my display. 

"Whatcha think?" He gave scoffed and reached up to grab my hips and pull down so I landed beside him on the bed, "Rude" I retorted. He sighed and I forced him to put his ugly sweater on, I nearly busted a gut when I saw him. 

"That's it I'm taking it off" he was about to pull it but I grabbed his shoulders and gave him a grim expression, "I spent good money on that. You are going to wear it for the rest of the day, sir" He lamented in defeat and I nodded feeling triumphant. 

After a couple more gifts I clapped my hands together, "I'll go make hot chocolate and we can watch Christmas movies" I stood up but he grabbed my hand and looked away.

 "What?" I tilted my head, I knew he wasn't much for holidays, "I haven't given you your gift yet" My eyes widened. I wasn't expecting a gift to be perfectly honest, He took his hand off my arm and reached into his pocket. 

"here" I grabbed the beautifully wrapped box that had a lace bow, "It's lovely" I gasped and he brushed a piece of his hair out of his face. 

"You haven't opened it yet" he affirmed and I gazed up at him, I inhaled sharply and opened the box to reveal a beautiful Infinity necklace. My mouth opened and my eyes swelled, "Aizawa..." I trailed off in shock at how gorgeous and expensive it looked.