~Chapter 39~

Nezu P

Nezu P.O.V

"Thank you very much" I nodded to one of the nurses as she opened the door to my daughter's room, I was called because of Rei causing quite the disturbance yesterday. 

She's always been headstrong even as a child, "Hm" I climbed up to the bed and my legs swung below.

 I put my paw on her leg, to be perfectly honest it pained me to see her like this. 

I wasn't one to show negativity but I was infuriated, my child had been ruthlessly dealt with by Nomu. 

"Dad?" I gazed up to see Rei with glassy blue eyes, "Oh hello Rei" I waved and she lifted her hand to pet my head.

 "Is everyone alright?" She asked and I gave her a reassuring nod, "there was nobody badly injured besides Midoriya and..." I hesitated but she sat up and gave me a disheartened grimace.

 "Aizawa..." I finished the sentence and she gave me an acknowledging glance, "I know, I saw him" she gripped her sheets tightly. 

"You also left your room and didn't listen to the medical staff" I slapped the back of her head and she pouted, "Ow, dad" She whined and I shook my head. 

"I didn't raise you to disrespect authority" she was about to take off her oxygen mask but I stopped her, "Keep that on please" I was incredibly worried about her. 

"I usually do." She paused, "But?" I adjusted my bow tie and her eyes darted to look away from me, "This is my fault. If I had been focused I could have stopped time and taken Aizawa with me before Nomu punched the shit outta me" she lifted her hand and clenched a fist.

 "A lot of people are saying it's their fault, I even think its one of my biggest failures... As a principle and a father," I brushed my paw on her face to comfort her, "You could never be a failure of a father".

 I smirked at that comment, "Try not to be so hard on yourself then. You didn't fail Aizawa, you helped save students. You held your own out there" I encouraged her. 

"Do you think I could see Aizawa today?" I shook my head at her question, "Your mental state isn't strong enough for that. The doctor told me that your heart rate was dangerously high after that encounter" I leaned back and laid at the foot of the bed.

 "My actions last night were-" she began but I interrupted, "Your actions were expected but reprehensible" I finished her sentence. 

"You knew I'd sneak out?'' I nodded, "when you were around ten I told you my story, in the middle of the night you tried sneaking out to go kill them with a butter knife from the kitchen sink." I chuckled at the memory and she blushed from embarrassment.

 "The point is, you have a strong sense of loyalty and when you get attached you protect that person endlessly. Even if means not thinking before you try" I saw her face light up a little, "Now, get some rest. I won't leave" I watched her nod and gently put her head back to sleep.

 I curled up and slept by her legs as to protect her from solitude.