~Chapter 8~

Aizawa P.O.V

Six months had passed, every day after school we'd go for a walk and I'd take to places she had never been. She would talk about her life and her favorite things, I would join the conversation and she'd laugh at my stories.

 She was always smiling and laughing, she would force me to take pictures with her which was rather bothersome but she would print them off and discreetly hand them to me during class.

 I would take them home and pin them to my wall, our relationship was secret for the most part.

Aizawa: How many did you take this time?

Rei: So many! You looked so mad in every single one.

Aizawa: Smh, You're going to be the death of me.

Rei: Oh come on

Aizawa: I have twelve on my wall

Rei: I wish I could put them on my wall...

Aizawa: You can once you get your own apartment

Rei: Speaking of which! I'm officially a teachers assistant

Aizawa: I'm proud of you, you have worked so hard.

Rei: Awe thanks, Also, Tomorrow is our six-month anniversary

Aizawa: Its been that long?

Rei: Yeah! Time flies when you're in love

Aizawa: Wait, what?

Rei: OH NOTHING, GTG BYE

I looked at my phone and narrowed my eyes, "What a Peculiar woman". I took a picture off the wall and stared at it. It was a picture of us at the park sitting on a bench, I was wearing casual attire and my arms were crossed, I was giving a deadpan look while my hair was up in a ponytail.

 Her hair was in a messy bun and she was wearing a blue sweater and her pink lip gloss shimmered as the flash glinted off it. 

She was winking and gave a peace sign while I just stared at the camera, I smiled to myself thinking about how adorable she looked.

 I slipped the picture into my pocket and went off to patrol the city.

Rei P.O.V

"You stupid idiot!" I slammed my face into a pillow and screamed, "You're an idiot!" I screamed into my pillow till my face turned purple. 'How could you tell him you love him?!'

"Rei?" My father's voice called and I whipped my head from my pillow, my hair was a mess from slamming my face into the pillow and my face was Discolored. 

"Yeah?" I asked opening the door, he looked rather amused, "Present mic will be the teacher you're assisting" I nodded. 

"That's okay" I admit I was slightly sad it wouldn't be Aizawa but to be honest we'd just distract each other, "Also I have a surprise for you" I walked outside with him and saw a baby blue car in the driveway. 

"No way" I held my face, He threw the keys up and I caught them with ease, "You have a boyfriend, it's about time you had a car." He said cheerfully.

 My mouth opened and I gasped, "H-how-" I began, "You can't become a principle of a Hero Academy and not know your daughter is dating one of the teachers". 

"W-wait but-" He raised his paw and I stopped talking, "Out of all the teachers I figured it would be Aizawa you'd be attracted to" I turned bright red.

 "Dad-" He gave a small chuckle, " It's quite alright, just don't get pregnant anytime soon. I'm not ready for a grandchild" He stroked his face as if feeling accomplished for embarrassing me. 

"DAD!" I squealed, "But in all seriousness rei" He stopped smirking and I looked down, "Yes?", he motioned for me to kneel down so I complied.

 He grabbed my hands and smiled, "When I adopted you, you were mistreated and were abused by humans like me. I felt a bond between us Immediately, you were standoffish and cold towards everyone but me. But when you realized how big the world was I could only so much to protect you" I felt a lump in my throat, "Just be careful. if you get a broken heart... ill have to kill him" his aura turned murderous and the lump disappeared "Uh..." I paused and he walked back into the house.

The night was felt different as if a cage of unease encased the city. I laid in my bed rewriting a text to send to Aizawa explaining what I meant earlier but couldn't find the right words to say, "Oh gee sorry Aizawa I don't love you" I said out loud and shook my head, "Hey Aizawa, sorry about before, I'm like in love with you but lets pretend you don't know" I shook my head harder this time. 

"Damnit I'm an idiot," I Said when the phone buzzed and his name popped up on the screen, causing me to almost drop my phone. 

"Hello?" I inquired, "Hey" his voice sounded weak, "Are you okay?" I asked, "Just tired..." he trailed off, "Can I come over?" I was already out the door and in my car when I asked.

 He paused for a couple seconds before grunting a quick "sure", "Okay, see you" I hung up and drove to his apartment.