The 2013

After an ungodly number of cocktails and a lot of heavy petting under the table, the Texan finally led me from the hotel bar to the elevators. It was late, so we were entirely alone; he pressed the button for the 46th floor and then forced me against the mirror roughly and began kissing my lips and neck. I raised my thigh around him and felt his hard groin press against me. I felt drunk and excited... even though I knew this wouldn't last long, it got me out of my own head.

'You're in the Penthouse?' I asked breathily, his rugged beard scratching me.

'Uh huh.' His strong hands were yanking my hips into him. 'God, I love your accent.' He growled before sinking his teeth into my neck.

When the elevator opened into the suite, he fumbled with his card key and let me in first. The glaring lights of the Manhattan skyline lit up the massive room so brightly that we didn't need anything else on. I faced the window for a second, but he turned me boisterously and hoisted me up so that my legs were wrapped around him. He threw me onto the sofa and pulled my clothes from me, accidentally scratching me at one point; I didn't care, it made it more interesting.

We started on the sofa but finished on the bed. He was impatient and didn't last long; I knew he wouldn't. I'd gotten used to it. Fucking drunk strangers meant five, maybe ten minutes of pleasure maximum; most of the time I didn't even climax, but the act was enough in itself. He tried talking to me afterwards, but I was already getting dressed.

'So, how long've you been in the US?' His tanned, hairy chest was still rising and falling as he puffed out the words.

'Almost fifteen years.' I said, sliding my tights up over my calves.

'That's quite a while. Where're you going?'

'Home.'

'Hell, you don't hang around, huh?'

'Can you go again?' I turned around to look at him. The sheet was covering his crotch, he was stroking himself.

He hesitated and looked down. 'If you suck it, I might.'

I contemplated it; I didn't really want to go home so I agreed.

The night went on for some time, surprisingly. I ended up falling asleep there, which was usually against the rules, but we'd started so late, I justified it. By the time he gave up and passed out, I'd already noticed the sky had turned a lighter shade of blue.

I must have slept for a few hours. I woke before he did when a beam of sunlight penetrated the blinds and dazzled me. He was on his front, snoring; his back was as hairy as his chest. I wearily found my bag and pulled out my cigarettes. I made myself an espresso with the machine in the kitchen and made my way to the balcony. It was a perfect spring morning; it reminded me of London sometimes, the weather and smell of New York; the budding city trees battling with the thick clouds of pollution. I very quickly killed the thought.

I smoked and sipped my coffee for a short while, letting the burn soothe my sore throat. I was enjoying the view, and how quiet the city was from this height when it was all interrupted by a cellphone clanging in the room behind me, the Texan coughed and groggily answered.

'H-hey- hey, good mornin' baby, how are ya? I- I know, yeah... god, I miss you too.... Last night? Well- I went straight to bed as soon as I got here, didn't I darlin'? Must've forgot to- yeah, you know me baby.' He laughed, so brazenly that it churned my stomach.

I huffed loudly and stubbed my cigarette out, very quickly lighting another one.

'It's only another few days though, sweet thing... ye- yeah. I love you too, I love you. Bye, bye now.'