Chapter 1

ONE MONTH LATER
ANA

We've been searching. Everyday. We've been looking. We never have given up. Like he never did. We haven't found a body. We have never seen his body. There's a chance he could still be alive. We try everyday. We look everywhere. We even check zombies. But I still have hope he's still alive.

I was on my horse riding down a street. I think Sam brought the horde down it. I don't know if he did, but it was hard to tell. I was near Underdale High School. The place Sam started at. The place that changed him into who he was. It's possible that maybe he took the horde there.

I made it up to the school. I got off of my horse and tied her up onto the front gate. I walked in through the gate and saw a bloody hand print on the fence. I kept walking in. The place was completely quiet. I couldn't hear any noises. Not even birds. Not even the wind. I was now in the basketball court and I saw a small puddle of blood near one of the goal posts. I ran up to it. I got on my knees to look at it. The blood was dry. So it happened a while ago. I then walked towards the oval. It was a massive oval, it would of been a smart idea to bring them here.

I looked around and saw lots of footprints in the dirt. They were all from zombies. I stood up and looked around and spotted something in the distance. I ran over to it. I saw Samantha's teddy bear on the floor next to Alleigh and Kiaras grave. I slowly picked it up. It had blood all over it. Did Sam pick it up. Was Sam injured. Was he bitten. I then saw something else on the ground. It had dirt all over it but I saw it shining in the sun. I slowly dug it out and saw what it was. It was Sam's revolver. Left on the ground.

He lead the horde here. But there's no sign of him. Did the Whisperers get him. I picked up my walkie talkie to tell the others what I found.

"I have some news. I found Sam's revolver and Samantha's teddy bear over at Underdale High School. I think Sam must of taken the horde here. But I can't see a body" I said.

"Copy that. I'll be over there soon" Gabriella said.

I stood up and looked around me, putting the walkie talkie back onto my holster.

"Where are you Sam?" I said.

I decided to look around and search rooms. I walked to the main building where all the classrooms were. The ceiling looked unsafe so I kept my guard up while walking through it. There was no sign of Sam being in here. I searched every room. He wasn't here. This was another dead end.

When I was about to walk downstairs I spotted that one of the windows was open. I slowly climbed through the open window and walked along the roof of a building. I kept walking along until I made it to a watch tower. It was kind of burned down but it was still standing. I slowly put my foot on it to see if it was stable. It seemed stable enough. I stepped onto the watch tower and looked out. Whenever I visited Underdale High School I always saw Sam, Hunter and Megan all sitting up here watching the stars at nighttime. This place is bringing back so many memories.

I heard galloping from a horse behind me and turned around. I saw Gabriella riding in through the front gate with Samantha on the back of the horse. I quickly climbed down the watch tower and walked over to them.

Gabriella got off of her horse and lifted Samantha off. They both then looked at me, wanting information.

"I found his revolver and your teddy bear Samantha" I said.

"So he brought the horde here?" Gabriella asked.

"It looks like he did. But there's no sign of him. He must of been injured because there's dry blood all over the place. Couldn't of been a zombie because the body would still be there" I said.