Chapter 22

Georgia, Andrew and Jonah all looked at me confused. They didn't know why I looked so shocked or why I was panicking.

"What is it?" Georgia asked.

"Claire stole the keys to the cells" I said feeling for the keys again and not finding them.

Andrew, Georgia and Jonah all stood up quickly. We all ran outside and quickly headed towards the cells. Once we got there the cell door was open. Paul wasn't inside anymore.

"Shit. This is all my fault!" I yelled.

"No it's not. He will still be here. Let's just look around" Andrew said.

Georgia walked over to me and comforted me. She held my hands and looked into my eyes.

"It's ok. We will find him" Georgia said.

I nodded and agreed with her. We all split off to cover the most ground in order to find him. I ran around looking at everyone I passed. I looked through people's windows. People around me started to notice me looking around.

After we looked around for a few hours we met up again. None of them looked like they found him. People started to crowd around us. Kids hid behind their parents because they were scared.

"What's going on?" A man asked.

"Everyone calm down. Everything is ok" Andrew said.

Andrew turned around and walked up to me. He whispered into my ear.

"we need to find Connor" Andrew whispered.

"Go find him. I'll look for Paul" I said.

I quickly ran off to find Paul. I decided to go back to the cell. I looked around for a little bit but I couldn't find anything. I sat down and leaned against a wall. As I was sitting down I could see foot prints in the dirt. I quickly stood up and followed them. The footprints lead to the back of the community. They lead to a house.

I slowly walked up to the door and I could see blood on the handle. I turned the door knob and slowly walked in. I took out my knife and looked around. I didn't see him anywhere. But as the door closed I heard someone running up to me on my right. I felt someone tackle me to the ground and my knife skidded away across the floor. It was too dark to see anything. I slowly stood up. I couldn't see where he was.

"What did you do to Claire?" I asked.

"You will have to wait and find out!" Paul yelled as he punched me in my face.

I realised that I shouldn't talk. He knows where I am because he can hear me talk. I slowly crept along when I heard a creek behind me. I quickly turned around and tried to punch Paul. I missed and I fell over. I quickly rolled away. I could see the light coming from the door. I quickly ran to it and opened it. I could see Paul now. He smiled at me. He ran at me and tackled me out of the house. I landed on the ground two meters away. I stepped backwards and wiped the blood away from my mouth.

"What did you do to her?" I asked.

He looked at me and smiled. I heard a few screams in the distance. I looked back at Paul.

"I killed her. Now she is amongst the dead" Paul said smiling.

I ran towards him and tackled him to the ground. I punched him twice hard in the face and he quickly kicked me off of him. I was in so much pain. I couldn't get up. Paul slowly got up and walked over to me.

"Because Sam isn't here. You will have to do. I need payback for what he did to me" Paul said.

He walked up to me and started kicking me hard in my ribs and stomach.

"He beat me up. In front of everyone. He locked me up, and left me to die" Paul said.

He stopped kicking me for a while.

"You deserved it. You were beating up Claire, and now you killed her" I said as he kicked me again.

"I'm going to take this place. Just like Sam did with Underdale, and no one can stop me" Paul said kicking me again.

I heard something being pulled back. I heard something fly through the sky. Paul feel to the ground and I looked over to my side. I saw Gabriella with her bow that she used to use. She ran up to me and helped me up.

"Are you ok?" Gabriella asked.

"The bow huh?" I asked changing the subject.

She laughed as she helped me up. I looked at Paul and saw an arrow in his head.

"Thank you" I said.

Gabriella nodded as I heard more screams. Gabriella and I quickly ran towards the screams and saw three zombies walking around the community. There were two other people dead on the floor. They were eaten alive. Gabriella and I quickly took out the three zombies.

"Ana" Gabriella said.

I turned around and saw Claire limping towards us. She was a zombie. Gabriella and I looked at her as she limped up to us. Tears ran down our cheeks. I slowly walked towards her and slowly put her to the ground. I reached for my knife but I remembered it was still at the house. Gabriella walked over and stabbed her in the head. We both sat over her body.

"What is going on here?!" Connor yelled.

He saw us over Claire's body. He slowly walked over and saw Claire dead on the ground.

"It was Paul. Claire let him out and Paul killed her" I said.

"How did she just let him out? You were the only one with they keys!" Connor yelled.

"She stole them from me" I said.

Connor looked at me angrily.

"There are people at the gate!" The guard yelled.

"Go see what's up. Before I get mad" Connor said.

I stood up and ran over. I climbed up the ladder to the guard post and saw about five people. Three men and two women.

"What are you here for!?" I asked.

"We want to join your community" A man said.