TWO

Walking the halls of the school had me head towards my locker I stop to see my best friend making out with her boyfriend. I only smile and shake my head.

Effie's and my locker are close so we would walk to classes together.

Aphrodite Reid or we call her Effie, she and I became friends since we became partners in our drama class with Mrs, Bloomfield. She was in her P.E uniform because her clothes were drench. It seems that Paris was out at it again. Everyone in school knows how Paris Blake treated her and it made my stomach hurt to have a person bully another person who survived a car accident at such a young age.

I remembered when I was six, my dads were looking through the newspaper, and I just came out of my room wrestling my pink fairy princess costume Dad Nicky made for me, and the look on their faces was in shock. I asked them why are they sad then Dad told me that a couple and their child my age were in a car accident; the parents died but the child survived, and that child was Effie.

I knew her from grade school and ever since that accident she changed. I couldn't approach her or say anything to console her because other kids were bullying her more than they did with me. They switch targets and I felt bad.

Really bad.

I pin the combination, open my locker and started taking out my history textbook and while I was doing other things I need for the next class. I took a glimpse at the two couple next to me, who has been the talk of the school now. Ever since Heather psychotic breakdown other students thought she and her family moved in Europe permanently, that's the coverup story Odin had told not to let people get suspicious, and her friends has not contacted her since.

I shift my gaze at Paris and her posey as they walk by Effie and Logan surprisingly did not say a word but pull on a small smile at Effie.

Huh?

I continue to watch Paris and the others behind her walk away down the hallway.

Why did she smile? Did Effie talk to her or something?

Have they become friends now that Effie is the new Queen Bee?

I mean, people have started talking to her regularly and not ghosting her like they usually do because of Heather and Paris.

"Oh! Hey Lil," I turn to hear Effie's voice. Logan hides his face in her neck. Probably kissing it. "I didn't see you there. Babe, stop." She giggled slaps lightly on Logan's arm.

"Hey, Lily," Logan said to me when he looked up then went back down wanting more.

It seems Logan wasn't done from their make-out session and was now kissing her neck. It was easy for him to have access since Effie but her hair. I was shock to see it that style and she did it herself. I asked after that day at her grandfather's house and she told me she wanted to start fresh in her life. Now that she is no longer in danger she wanted to make anew life with her family, Logan and her friends - which includes me.

"Didn't want to bother you guys since your doing that in public," I told her and shut my locker. "Hey, why did Paris smile to you?" Changing the the topic.

Effie pushes Logan telling him to stop. When he groaned, maneuver his body behind her and wrapped his arm around her and rest his chin on top of her head.

"This morning she and I had a talk." She tilt her head to the side. "Oh, don't worry. Logan was here when Paris approached me."

"Talk about what?"

"She said she was sorry to me. I was confuse and shock but then she told me she was all doing that just to be in Heather's crowd."

"Wait," I cut her off before she continues. Looked around as if someone might hear. "Does she know...you know...?"