FORTY-FIVE

I hum a lullaby while I rock Ramsey to sleep. The boys are outside while the girls are inside binge-watching Grey's Anatomy.

Soft knocks on the door as Effie enters the nursery, shuts the door and tiptoes her way to the couch across from me.

"Zara asleep?"

She nods. "After her bottle, she fell asleep. Playing with her uncle wore her out."

"I never notice how big she is getting." I chuckle, looking down at my sleeping Prince. "The first time I saw her, she was tiny."

"Zara is a big eater."

We both laugh but stop when Ramsey stirs in his sleep. I rise from the rocking chair and place my son in his crib. I did not want to leave his side. Leaving him and being apart from my son makes a part of my soul crumble. Is this what being a mom feels like?

Is this how my mother felt when she left me?

"Grandpa told me everything," Effie says. "To think that the man who destroyed Liam's adolescence is your father. Your real father."

A sense of pity filled in Effie's words as she mentioned, 'My father.' That man is no father of mine. What he did and who he did it with sickened me. After visiting him, I asked Odin about Maria.

I knew of her death for helping me. Devin killed her and the baby. Odin has Terry contact her parents in Guatemala with the news of their daughter, who has been issued a missing person since she was four.

The thought of Maria's life had been taken away from a happy life to be in bed with an older man. Odin raided his other bases in Los Angeles and Malibu, rescued Maria's son, and sent him to her parents. I'm relieved he's alive and well to be with his real family, but he will never see his mother again.

"I couldn't believe when Grandpa told me," Effie sighed. "How did Liam react when you told him?"

"I apologize," I lowered my head. "Once I told him, I knew he felt disgusted to be with me. Someone who shares the same gene as that man who ruined him. I apologized and begged him."

"What did he say?"

I pull a wry smile. "He embraced me and told me he loves me. Very much." I turn my head slightly. "What about you?"

"Me?"

"Yes, do you feel disgusted too?"

"Lily, you know I don't care who your parents are because they are Nicky and Wayne Peters and not that criminal. Your Lily Peters, my best friend, and future sister-in-law. I love you for who you are."

I purse my lips and pull on a full smile. "I love you too, Effie."

Effie places a hand on my shoulder.

I kept my eyes on my baby boy, watching him sleep peacefully without any worries or problems we must face in the future.

With my hand, I place it on top of hers and smile. "I'm happy," I told her. "Very happy."

"Hey girls," Effie and I look at Clark as he enters. "Oh my god, my little-"

"Shhh!" Effie and I shush Clark at the same time.

"Sorry," Clark whispered and smiled as an apology for almost waking my son with his excitement. He then approaches the crib with a twinkle in his eyes. "I didn't get the chance to see him at the hospital because of club activities. I'm going to be the godfather for Ramsey too?"

Effie and Athena had Zara's baptism this summer and already listed the godparents. Clark is one of them. And myself.

"I thought you have something to do at your clubs?" Effie ask.