THIRTY-SEVEN

With no clock, no time to count. I don't know how many hours it has been since my abduction. I lost count when my mind was racing with frustration and anger.

During the unknown hours, I looked around to see if there was some secret door or passage. Nothing. The walls are so thick that you can't hear anything.

"Shit," I hissed, then moaned once my back was aching.

I grab a sit on the couch and lift my feet. The birth of my baby boy is nearing soon, and I will not have him be born here.

Devin has not visited me since my encounter with him. Maria keeps checking on me from time to time. I had to start our conversation about when she would help me—no answer.

I rubbed my face harshly and scratched my hair back. I smelled it and made a sour face. I have not washed my hair for hours.

I got up, went into the bathroom, and turned on the bathtub. I added salt baths and flowers. I removed my clothes and went in to relax.

I lean my head back and let the aromatic water soothe me.

I close my eyes and daydream. I pictured a house, my parent's house. Clear skies, fresh air, clear green grass, and added a white wood fence. I imagined Liam and our kids if we were to have more playing in the front yard, playing baseball just like my Dad. I was in the kitchen preparing for dinner with my Dad, who is now fully a woman, and Daddy in his garage.

I dreamt of a perfect life. A happy life with Liam. The love of my life. My soul mate.

It's a beautiful morning, hearing joyful waves of laughter and watching Liam play with our little boy. I smile happily while holding our second child in my arms.

I want this dream to be my reality.

And now, I can't have that while I'm here.

Trapped.

I opened my eyes and gave my head a slight turn to find a razor still in its case laid next to the soap. It was Venus's razor for women. I removed it from its plastic case and stared. I lifted one leg above the water and started to shave the slight tickle of hair. Slowly and taking my time as if I have all the time in the world to shave my legs.

I felt the blade cut my skin as I hissed. I stopped and looked at a small cut. Blood appeared, and it gave me an idea. An awful idea.

Great.

I'm like the Grinch.

But this Grinch was an idea that would get me out and risk my life and my child. I rubbed my belly and paused to feel it kick. I smiled yet felt nervous.

This awful ideal is the only way I can escape this cage. I'm scared if I don't react before my son is born. I will never see him or my family and friends again.

I stared at the razor's sharpness and thought how painful it felt as I glided the blade onto my skin.

I hear something telling me to do or not do this.

But at this moment there isn't any other option.

I can't fight the security guards outside this room, and Maria won't listen. Her mind admires someone who is her savior when that man is, in fact, the one who sold her son away. Maria believes she will see her child again, but I wonder how long she will wait.

I will never do that. To hand over my child to someone who traffics children to perverts.

I'm going to protect my child even if I die.

"Don't worry, my love. Mommy has an idea, and I need you to be a good boy and trust me. I will never let anything happen to you."

I removed the blade carefully from the razor. Lift my arm and twist it to a clean slate. I had the edge touch my skin as my heart beats faster. My mind is ringing with voices like two of me are fighting to agree or disagree with the plan.

My body starts to numb, and my mind grows lightweight, making me nauseous that I see doubles. I can feel myself starting to drift off from the blood loss.

I don't know if this was the best or worst decision to kill myself.

But I have to leave, and the only for me is to make myself suicidal.

With a moment to lose this crazy plan of mine. I felt the sharp edges of the blade and saw the blood. It was a significant cut, enough to make me faint. I can feel my whole body cold while the bath water is warm. I laid my head back again, closed my eyes, and returned to my beautiful dream.

Hey guys!

Sorry for the short chapter. Tomorrow will be longer. I had things to do today and was frustrated with my Dad. Sorry for the inconvenience.

HAPPY READING!!