THIRTEEN

It's hard to let go of someone you love when that person has to be my lab partner today.

Bio sucks, all my AP classes suck, but I needed the credit. AP Biology is the worst, and my partner had food poisoning. So, Mrs. Granger had me pair up with the one person I wanted to avoid at all costs, and he felt the same.

Liam was alone too, and his partner was Chase Abbott, who was absent too with an unknown excuse.

So, sarcastically today is my lucky day.

I'm so fucked.

Luckily, though, today's lab is the last day dissecting a frog. This class has been nothing but a butchering class instead because all we ever did through this year was dissecting from cats, pigs, and rats - which I almost threw up every time the insides were shown. I had to excuse myself to puke out in the restroom and return as if I had a weak stomach. In truth, I have a living being making me feel like this.

It's almost a week before the cruise, and I'm having second thoughts. Ever since Grant learned about everything involved with my sub-partner over here, who is too focused and unhappy that he and I had to become partners. I called Mark the next day, giving him an earful. He was clueless until he cried on the other side, begging forgiveness that when he's drunk, he blurts out secrets. I'm starting to feel bad for Hannah marrying a man-child like Mark. Grant wanted to make Liam jealous, but how?

With Kareem, Liam needed clarification. So, I was curious to know how will he feel about Grant dating me. It's like he has no emotion whatsoever.

He's like the main guy in the Japanese comic called Absolute Boyfriend, confused yet hot at the same time.

I looked down at my bump. I caress it with a smile, then let out a sigh.

"Pass me the tweezers."

I blinked once I heard my partner asking for something. "Huh?"

"The tweezers, give it here," Liam said sternly.

Damn, say, please!

I frowned at him, grabbed the tweezers, and firmly slapped them onto his open hand, which he made a face.

I watched as Liam opened up the frog. The smell and sight of a dead amphibian just hit my gut. I covered my mouth and turned away.

"Are you sick or something?"

I looked at Liam and faced forward, taking a deep breath. "No, just..." I swallowed. "It's just nasty looking."

"Well, you have to cut the membrane so I can get a look at the kidneys," he moved his hands. "You guys didn't cut it right."

"I mostly did all the work," unsure what to do and to hold my breath simultaneously.

"You need to work with your partner, or else you won't get the participation points."

I inwardly rolled my eyes

I know that dummy.

My partner Bethany Cooks mainly sits on her fat ass, filing her long names, and told me she wouldn't do the dissecting because it would ruin her Tasmanian nails. Some partner is, and now she's home with food poisoning. Karma. I am not sure whether that is true or not. She is just lazy.

I couldn't keep my eyes off him and study his serious face while dissecting a frog. It made my whole body hot. I had to squeeze my thighs together.

Liam, from this angle, is so hot, well, all of his features, but damn, I could look away.

"So, the cruise," Liam changed the subject as he cut the insides of a dead frog. "Are you excited?"

Is he serious?