FORTY-SIX

"Thank you for coming, Lily. After that fiasco at the supermarket, you wouldn't want to see me again."

"I didn't have a choice since you said my great-grandfather is here to see me."

She seems close the door as I'm inside her home. I had Liam drive me here before he went with the guys and picked me up later. Seema texted me last night and told me her dad, my great-grandfather, is flying here to L. A and wanted to see me.

I don't know why since I'm not close to him, but my mother would have wanted me to meet him. At first, I didn't want to because of Seema, but knowing and meeting.

"You didn't bring you...son," she says as if Ramsey is a parasite. I clench my hands, and so help me want to slap her. I refrain and posture myself.

"He is with his father, bonding," I tell her with a sour face. "I will ask Liam to bring him here to meet his great-great-grandfather. But he will contract some disease if he sees you."

Seema gasps shockingly. "How dare you talk like that? I would have slapped you-"

"Seema!"

Seema was about to slap me but was stopped. A powerful masculine voice booms in the house as I turn my head to see an elderly man. Older than Odin yet looks strong as an ox. His hair is so white it overpowers his dark skin. He has a scar mark that line across his left eye. He looks scary, but I don't feel any fear.

This must be Rahul Patel.

"Lilith," he calls my full name and walks towards me with open arms as he pulls me in and then out to give me a good look with a smile of happiness. "You look just like Priya. Beautiful. Come, come." Take my arm into his like a true gentleman leading his leading lady towards the living room. We sit down on the couch as Seema starts to complain.

"Abba, I can not tolerate Lily talking to me like this."

"Then you shouldn't have forced her with this arranged marriage. That is how Priya ended up with your selfishness and greed."

"You made me marry this man," Seema pointed at her husband, Vishal, to be blamed for her boring marriage.

I look at Vishal and start to feel bad. He loves his wife. It's just Seema wasn't receiving much and being ungrateful.

There are some loveless marriages, but they can start friends and become fond of each other before falling in love as men and women. But with Seema's attitude, I don't know what makes her act that way.

"He loves you, and I had no complaint for a man who I trusted. I allowed him to marry you, and you didn't decline. Yet, you treat him like nothing."

"He doesn't make me happy!"

Vishal looks the other way while his wife bashes him.

"Then divorce."

"You know I can't divorce him," Seema says as if she knows.

I don't know how divorcing your spouse in India works, but Seema doesn't want to divorce her husband.

"You have two options: With or without mutual consent."

"What is that?" I ask.

"Well, my dear, divorcing with mutual consent is between two spouses that agree to divorce, but before they can do that, they have to separate for a year or two before the divorce is final."

"What happens without mutual consent?"

"Without consent, there has to be a reason why the separation." Rahul looks up at his daughter with seriousness. "Well, Seema, which is it?"