FORTY-ONE

It felt like I had died and been brought back to life for a long time. God didn't want me to leave this world just yet. After my conscience met my mother for the first time, I felt a dream. Some supernatural shit like when a hero failed to save the world, they would meet someone who never wants them to give up and gives a second chance.

It seemed like forever, but I finally opened my eyes. It was a blur until I focused on the bright light above me. Was this the light that brought me back?

I hear soft snores beside me, and my hand cupped into something warm and familiar. Slightly turn my head and lift the corner of my lips into a somewhat weak grin.

With his head on the side of the bed, Liam uses his arm as a pillow while the other holds my hand. He is sleeping soundly; I don't want to wake him. My whole body is stiff and in pain. I look up and see a female nurse enter the room. We made eye contact, and quickly shaking my head, I eyed my sleeping prince.

She understood my gesture and mouth that she would be coming back and left the room with a smile.

I didn't want to wake my prince. I squeeze his hand a bit tighter. He stirred, rubbing his face with his arm, and glanced his sleepy eyes onto mine, which grew wide.

"Lily, baby!" He jolts from the chair and sheds tears, holding my hand with both of his own as he plants kisses on my dry lips and all over my face."Thank god you are awake. I thought you weren't going to wake up. I thought I lost you."

I smile wryly.

"How long was I out?" I ask with the dryness of my throat.

"Almost the whole week."

This time it's my turn to look shocked.

I've been out the whole week?!

"Princess, you were in a coma for almost a week," Liam explained.

"Then...the play...graduation..." what happened when I was out?

I remembered we were doing our last rehearsal before the big day until I was abducted.

"The play went smoothly," Liam circled his thumb on my hand, going back on the chair. "Effie was amazing. Although concerned about your abduction, she pulled on her acting face and ended the play with a bang. As for graduation, Principle Brown has it postponed till next week. No one in school knows what happened to you except him, so during the school assembly, he told the whole student body that there was a 'financial issue' for the setup and taking the finals."

I frown.

The school with financial issues should always be fine regarding money. Some of the students have wealthy parents that pay for the school. But Principal Brown is an understanding person, and there is a reason why he did what he did, just for me.

"Ramsey?" Bring my thought to the one important person. "Our son...is he?"

Liam smiled, got off his seat again, and planted his lips onto mine. "Just wait here."

I scoffed. "You act like I ain't going anywhere."

He chuckled.

Once he let go of my hand, I whine softly, wishing he never let me go. He left the room the minute he let go, and the next, he came back with not one but a group of people containing the most important people in my life. They all tackled Liam from behind and crowded my bed, all in worry and teary eyes.

"Lily!" Effie was the first to hug me. She holds on to me as I feel her body shake. "I'm so happy you're awake. I thought I was going to lose my best friend."

With one hand, I lift my arm and embrace her while rubbing her back.

"I'm sorry, Effie." Tear slide from my eye.