FORTY-THREE

After two days of being discharged from the hospital, I was instructed to stay home for a few more days. I can't go to school yet because I just recovered from being shot and had been cut open to give birth to my baby boy, except I can attend graduation. I had homework delivered to my house from either Liam, Effie, or Clark. Sometimes Logan and the brothers. Even Jordan, personally.

They just wanted to make sure Ramsey and I were okay. Liam especially. He debated whether to stay home and take care of me. But rumors of the birth of my son spread at school. They already knew I was pregnant, and Liam was the father. The students are just all talking.

My parents went out, so it's just me in the house with my baby. I stand before my mirror and lift my shirt to reveal the surgical line cut open to bring my son out. It's healing slowly, and it doesn't hurt. I trace my finger over the line, just staring at myself. I was on the brink of death after experiencing such a horrible event with Devin.

Ramsey's voice from the baby monitor alerted me that it was time for his feeding. Then he starts to cry.

"Okay, sweetie. Mommy is here," I say and pick him up. I sit on the rocking chair, cover him with a nursing cover and position him. Once he starts sucking on my nipple, I gently pat his back and rock back and forth while I hum him a lullaby.

Ramsey opened his eyes a bit and revealed those blue eyes. With his skin tone, handsome good looks, and colored eyes, he will break plenty of hearts.

Like that is going to happen.

After feeding Ramsey, I returned to my room and changed into outerwear when the doorbell rang.

I open the door to see Odin and Terry. "Are you ready, my dear?"

I look behind me.

"Don't worry," Odin smiled. "It's the reason Terry is here."

I looked at Terry and saw sadness in her eyes. Maybe she never took care of a baby before. Effie told me that Terry experienced a tragic event as a child. After she was adopted, Effie said Terry changed.

"I fed him just minutes ago, and when he wakes up, I have a milk bottle in the fridge. Boil water and place the milk bottle in for two minutes or less. Not too hot and not too cold."

I started to feel I had forgotten something. "Maybe I should pump more milk for him."

"Don't worry, Lily," Odin places a hand on my shoulder as he chuckles. "Ramsey is in good hands."

I sigh with relief but still. Being away from him, I already miss him.

"My wife Lorraine was like that when our son was born. She can never leave the house. All first-time mothers are like that.

"I believe Athena is like that with Jacob, Mr. King."

Terry's phone rang. She picked up and distanced herself to have a private conversation.

Seems serious.

Odin looks at Terry. "Ah, yes. I visited my treasures to see Jacob and couldn't believe how much he resembled his grandfather, except for the blue eyes." Love filled his eyes. "As I hold Jacob is like when my son was born. Small and fragile. I fell in love again."

Talking about his son and wife while still smiling never amazes me. He may have lost them, but he gains his grandchildren and great-grandson.

Odin was happy that Athena named her son after her dad. It's like a remembrance of his late son.

"You will drop to your knees once Effie's baby is born," I mention.

"Of course!" Odin exclaims. "But I don't want to break my back, dearie. I'm getting too old to drop down on my knees."