SIXTEEN

"Lily, my dear, it's so good to see you again," Seema gently pulled me into her embrace and squeezed me as we took our seats at the table.

"Good to see you too, Nana," I said with much force, greeting my grandparents, whom I hadn't seen since they stayed in town to get to know their long-lost granddaughter.

"Liam, you are looking handsome every day," Seema giggled and flirted at the same time, and during that time, I clicked my tongue.

Handsome, my ass.

He's more than handsome. Liam looks like one of those hot-built models in my Dad's magazines that he would leave lying around.

Liam, to me, is a perfection of a god.

But what ticked me off is how this jerk forgot what I asked yesterday, allowing me to starve myself and let me eat all my secret stash. I overdosed on chocolate. I couldn't even get angry at him with a food coma on sweets I had. I threw up the following day.

I received a text from Seema to have breakfast with them at the dining hall, and thinking of eating made me a bit sick, but I had to be there. I felt my head light-headed and the emotion to barf anytime soon, but I held that in after we had seated. Being pregnant is challenging, and the craves are no joke.

I should have cut down my sugars before my child, or I become diabetic.

"Your compliments are always on point, Seema. I apologize for my fiancé's lateness. She slept like a log," Liam let out a chuckle. I let out a groan.

"Oh, did you two have fun touring the ship? It's a beautiful ship. I've always wanted to cruise across the ocean, isn't that right, dear?"

"Yes, Seema couldn't stop talking about going on a cruise for Christmas, so why not go," Vishal, my grandfather, laughed.

"Oh, don't just sit there. Help yourself with the food. Breakfast is until 11, so you better hurry."

Liam and I stood, but I gave him the piss-off look as confusion fell on his face. I growled and went ahead. I grabbed a clean plate and looked down at food choices: scrambled eggs, sausages, eggs Benedict, and crispy bacon. My mouth just watered as I gulped.

"Be careful not to put your DNA on all the foods, don't want people to be contagious," I tensed up once Liam was at my side grabbing a spoonful of eggs.

I growled and turned my head as I shifted my body in a different direction to ignore him. I didn't want to get another bad tummy ache and upset the baby. So, this morning I'll be on the safe side — oatmeal, banana, and milk. I returned to the table before I got another round of looking if I could eat something else. Liam was back before me.

I set myself at the table and started to enjoy my breakfast.

"Lily? Um. Is that all you are eating?" Vishal looked at my choice of meal. I could feel my face heating up as I looked around the table.

"I wanted to be healthy and cut down on bacon and eggs," I said with a chuckle. I mixed my oatmeal with a couple of swirls.

"Lily, dear, breakfast is the day's most important meal. Fattening up a bit is okay. Once you have a kid, you will be unusually craving foods." Seema giggled and then stared at me. "You are getting quite chubby. I guess I shouldn't talk about children yet. You, kids, are still babies yourself."

Did she call me chubby?

I mean, my clothes are starting to shrink but luckily, the shopping the other day, I bought clothes a bit bigger to hide my baby bump.

I took a sip of my milk and felt the urge to pee. Another thing symptom of being pregnant. Non-stop bathroom breaks. Even at school, I had to beg my teachers to let me use the restroom, and I had to devise a good excuse.