ELEVEN

It has been a while since I was inside Mark's room. When I was little, I would have wanted to go snowboarding and to tutor me was Mark and as a heavy sleeper, it would take more than thirty minutes to wake his ass up.

I looked around and saw nothing has changed and it made me reminisce.

Mark came back with a different shirt as he closed the door.

I felt his stare on me, and it's giving me an uneasy feeling that it has to do something.

I swallowed hard.

Mark pulled his chair from the desk and sat in front of me as I sat on his bed. "Lily, is there something you want to tell me?"

Was it a question or a command? I couldn't tell. But the sound of his tone sounded serious. If he knew about the baby, I'm so screwed.

I exhaled sharply and the swallowed. "Did Hannah told you-"

"Yes, Hannah told me," his voice bellowed as he stood up almost frighten me. "Lily, when were you going to tell me? You told Hannah and not me!"

"I'm sorry, but Hannah knew even if I didn't tell her." I lowered my eyes away from the glare.

"So, you were going to keep it from me after nine months," Mark scratched his head, frustrated. "Lily, you're still in high school. How could you-"

"I'm practically an adult," I looked up and snapped at him. "It was my choice."

"You are still too young to be raising a baby," he prompted. "How will you support the baby? You would need all the stuff and needs when raising a baby."

"My dads are there for me, and Effie will help me too."

His face twist. "You told your parents and best friend, not to mention my fiancé again and you didn't have it in your heart to tell your older brother!"

My lips quiver. Mark is angry, furious. Out of all the people I trust Mark who is like family; be part of this dark secret. But I couldn't tell him, 'oh hey Mark, I'm pregnant with some guy's baby who doesn't love me. Please give me your blessing' I can't tell him that.

I know Mark teases me about liking guys and I hate it because I'm sensitive, but seeing how angry he tells me that I should have told him about my pregnancy. But how should I tell a guy who I'm very close to that I have a baby growing inside of me every minute of every day.

I let out a soft sob. "I'm sorry, Mark," I whimpered and wiped my eyes. "I'm sorry, I couldn't tell you. I didn't want you to think of me differently. I have a rough time especially the baby's father doesn't acknowledge me."

"Are you talking about Liam?"

I flinched of how quick he asks and doesn't need to think who the father is, and so I nodded.

Mark let out a groaning sighed.

I felt the bed move, his arm around my shoulder as he pulled me in his chest as I cried against it.

"Once I'm married, how could I protect my little sister," he told me, places a hand on the back of my head. I just sobbed in response tears continue to fall from my eyes. "I know how scared you are. It's must have been hard on you keeping a deep secret from others."

I sniffled and sobbed.

Mark then placed his chin on top of my head. "You shouldn't keep secrets from me, am I not your brother. We may not be blood, but our bond is strong that of a brother and sister. I've always wanted to have a little brother or sister, and when I first met you, I've become obsessed with how cute you were, and become the big brother you wanted me to be. I know I wasn't there at times, but I picture of myself watching over you. You know before the competition I pray, I pray for my performance, to god and you. Wishing you good health and good life," Mark pulled apart from me as I kept my head down.