SEVENTEEN

The restaurant is known as The Syren, one of the most famous and expensive restaurants on the cruise. The reviews on Yelp told me how good their foods are and that there is an orchestra and a dance floor to enjoy classical music. Not only that, but the inside is as if you entered the Victorian era. They have high ratings. I was curious about what the restaurant looked like.

I put on a white dress, large to hide the bump from people with sharp eyes to see in the restaurant, black flats, and a beige cardigan in case the dress wasn't enough coverage, the baby bump is recognized, and I could use the cardigan to hide it as well.

Liam was dressed up nicely, wearing a dark blue dress shirt that seemed almost too tight on him and jeans to go with the look. I caught the eyes of plenty of girls around swooning over him, and it pisses me off that I look like his younger sister, thinking she's a princess.

We met up with my grandparents as the waiter led us to the table, and as soon we approached, I heard Seema laughing at not my grandfather but the person I recognized.

"Oh, look at the two of you, an exquisite couple," Seema chirped. "Lily, Liam, I want you to meet an old friend of ours. This is Devin Welks; he's the CEO of Wells Corporation and sometimes helps our family business by investing. Devin, this is my granddaughter and her fiancé, Liam."

"We've met," Devin smiled and reached his hand as I took it. "It's good to see you again, Lily. And nice to meet you, young man. I'm sure you and Lily would make a great couple. I could already see your future together."

Liam didn't say a word.

"Pleasure," I said as I released my hand away and felt the table shake. Thinking there was an earthquake but rethink that we are on a cruise ship. There is no earthquake and certainly no iceberg around. I looked around and found the source from Liam's hand gripping the table's edge. "Liam, what are you-"

I cut midway into my question when I saw his eyes. They were dark, his pupils dilated, and his face went pale as if he had seen a ghost.

"It's so good to see you after all these years when you were away," Seema managed, then took a sip of her red wine. "You've been traveling around the world, haven't you? Anything interesting?"

"Well, I've been going to Hawaii most of my time because of the beautiful people and the island." Devin also took his glass, and while taking a sip, he glanced in our direction. "It's to die for."

Liam was holding a wine glass, and with just a blink, he broke it into pieces and startled the people around us.

"Liam, are you okay?" I asked with a gasp that he could force something like that. Two waiters came and helped clean up, and I saw Liam get out of his seat and walk out.

We've been only three minutes, and already he's leaving.

"Would you excuse me, Devin," I also got up. "Nana, Nani, it seems Liam, and I won't be joining you tonight. Liam isn't feeling well since we arrived."

"Oh, that's too bad," Vishal said disappointedly. "Well, I hope he gets better."

"Yes, let him rest, dear. He's probably not used to traveling on water. Give him some medicine."

"I will," like that, I followed Liam back to our room. He probably went there because it looked like he didn't want to throw a tantrum.

"Liam?" I called out to him once I was inside. I looked around and gasped once I saw blood on the wall. I may be worried, but this isn't his home. "Liam?"

I saw he wasn't here, but the blood does prove he was. I don't know where he could be. Then I heard the shower running; I followed the sound and non-excused myself from entering. With see-through glass, I found Liam sitting on the shower floor while the water runs over his body.

"Liam?" I wasn't concerned about being wet; I was worried about his reaction earlier. What made him tense up made him go this far to get wet with clothes on. I reach out, and without swatting my hand away as I expect him to do, he permits me as I brush his damp hair back. "Liam, what's wrong? What happen?"

Liam sat there looking dull like the world was against him, and he got nothing to do. He was fine almost the whole day until tonight had set him off.

What made him act this way?

No words came out. "Come on," I turned off the shower as I struggled to get myself out and remove his clothes. It was hard to keep my eyes open and clothes while I changed him. He was posing as a Ken doll, and I had to dress for him. I went through his things and gathered sweatpants and boxers. I didn't get a shirt because I figure guys wear them without them to bed. I carefully put his boxers on first and do not look at his massive thing - I have to look away as much as possible. I mean, I've seen it, but this close, I could feel my heart racing.

After I put on his sweatpants, I grabbed a towel and blew dry his hair. His being like this is like I bathe my child.

More like a man-child.

I would ignore a man-child with a secret that is itching to be revealed, but I know there is a dark secret in everyone. It's not my business. I'm dying to know.

His hair dried, and I lifted him and went out of the room to place him on the bed. Lift his feet and cover his body with a blanket.

I sat beside him in the bed, watching him stare at the ceiling. I touched my hand and compared his to mine, which seemed reasonable.

"Liam," I move his arm, hoping to get a reaction. "What's wrong? You've been going at this for almost an hour." No answer. I groaned and was hungry. "If you won't tell me, I'll just leave you."

I got up, and with just one step, Liam instantly grabbed my hand. I looked over my shoulder to see his face in pain. I couldn't help my heartbeat and feel sympathy for the guy.

"Can you stay...with me...please?" His voice croaked. The way he begs sounds more like a question than a demand. Either way, he's talking.

I sat back down on the bed. "I was starting to think you've gone mute on me. I know you don't want me to meddle in your personal life but seeing how you reacted once we met Devin, you seem a bit off."

Liam held my hand as he let out a sigh. He placed his arm over his eyes, covering them.

His silence was getting on my nerves, and my stomach started growing.

I wanted to let go, but his hands around mine felt as if he was feeding me with his warmth. How could he leave when he's in this state? I looked down at our intertwined fingers and could help myself blush that I almost let out a squeal. I'm pretty happy inside that I couldn't contain my body from shaking.

This is a dream.

Liam has not said a word but lies with his arm over his eyes.

I continue to sit by his side on the bed while our fingers are intertwined. I studied Liam and his behavior earlier once Seema introduced Devin to us. I know the man from this morning, he was kind and gave that gentlemanly etiquette features, and my grandparents know him well because of business. But when Liam saw him, it was as if he saw a ghost.

Do they know each other, or am I not in my right mind?

Liam made a small moan as his chest rose and fell steadily. He fell asleep. I move my hand away from his, but no budge, so I use my free hand to pull up the covers. And since I can't advance, I position myself on the bed, face him with my stomach, and gently brush his arm in the hope the baby will recognize this little bunny's father. I moved closer and didn't hesitate to place my head on his shoulder. He would be mad that I was this close to him, but he made the first move and begged me to stay with him. However, it wasn't his intention to keep me close to him. But I intended to act this way, especially with all the pain he has given me. No matter how much he stabs me, I'm unbreakable to be pushed away.

Our intertwine hands move as Liam places them over his chest. My body was now even closer as that movement surprised me. He tightens his grip around my hand.

I purse my lips and smile as I close my eyes.