THIRTY-TWO

"I can not believe you're pregnant, Effie," Clark squealed and rubbed, bed her stomach. "My two best friends will be moms; well, Effie is already a mom raising Zara. But oh my god, I'm going to be your children's godmother."

I look at Effie, and we both smile. We haven't seen Clark since he and his dad fought. He and his mom left him and lived with Sam, to which Sam agreed and is already a good son-in-law. It's a small apartment, but they plan to find a house somewhere in Malibu, away from Clark's dad.

I think it's good, but knowing he is a big-shot lawyer in LA, he would do anything to get them back, especially with the domestic violence and abuse. I heard this all from Effie, and despite my hate for him before for what he did to her, I couldn't help but feel sympathy towards him. I never thought the perfect prince of the school could have a dark side story in his life.

"I am going to be the godmother, right?"

I chuckled, looking through baby clothes as we chilled in the poolside.

"Don't worry, Clark," Effie smiled. "Before Zara's birthday, we are going to baptize her. You and Lily are going to be her main godparents."

"How many godparents is she going to have?" I ask.

"In Filipino tradition, you can have as much as you want. Since I never had any, neither Ares nor Athena, because my mom's family disowned her. But we are close with our cousin Claire. I want Zara to have lots of godparents. Jordyn and Lena are included. As for her brothers, I pick Jonah and Jayson."

"You picked the eldest and youngest Walker brothers to be The godfathers. What about Jeremy and Justin?"

Effie rubs her chin. "I do like them. I used to have a small crush on Jeremy because he's funny. But he's like Seth. I don't want Zara to be a whore like him."

"Oh my god, Effie. Such foul language and to your daughter," Clark laughs because he knows Effie is joking. "What about the baby growing inside of you."

Effie lay back. "Ares, Don, Rex, Terry. I don't know the godmothers, but if I were to be pregnant again, Athena, after all, would make me one of the godmothers for her first child."

"How about you, Lily?"

"I haven't made my list yet because I'm not Filipino and don't know my Indian traditions regarding naming godparents. But I will stick with you and Effie as my main godparents. As of now. When my baby boy is born, he may have more people to be by his side." I caress my swollen belly as if my baby is cuddled in my arms. Only one month is left until my child will become part of my life, and Liam, Effie, Clark, everyone.

"So, what did Athena and Ares say when you told them about your pregnancy?" Ask Clark.

Effie made some chuckle and smile. "At first, they were in complete shock. Athena and Rex congratulated me. As for Ares, he denied it. He states it's okay for Athena to have a baby but not his baby sister." She sighs. "We argued for two days and gave each other cold shoulders. He nagged me as our mom nagged him about school and his grades. I got so mad that I was going to spend here for the night until everything was settled between Ares and me. He and Logan even went head to head."

"Your brother loves you, and since you are the family's baby, I could see how protective he is," I tell her. "But, isn't he okay with you and Logan raising Zara?"

"Exactly!" Effie groans and brushes her hair back. "I'm caring for a baby that I didn't give birth to, and he thinks I can't raise it because I'm carrying a baby inside. He's such...He such...a douche."

"Maybe because you're in high school," Clark says.

"I'm in high school," I protest, raising my hand in the offense. "My family is very supportive. Look, Effie, you can stay here as long as you like. My dads are always out, and Liam sometimes sleeps over. Just let your brother cool off, and Logan can come over."