THIRTY-NINE

I felt someone lift me off the bed from my sleep and open to finding out who my relief turn into a frown.

"You think you can get away from me?" Devin day with an annoying look.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Ignoring me, Devin placed me in a wheelchair and rolled me out of my room. "Devin, what is going on?" Acting like I have no clue.

I waited for Maria to inform Odin, but waiting took over an hour.

"Odin and his goons are here," he leans close to my ear, pushing the wheelchair quickly. "I wonder who called him."

I swallowed hard and kept a poker face. "I have no clue what you're talking about. It's not me since I don't have my phone."

"You can ask for a phone call from a nurse...a doctor." He cursed under his breath. "Pretty sneaky to ask Doctor Bennet to call Odin."

"What are you going to do?" I whispered; my heart beat as my skin felt something crawling.

"We are going to go for a walk."

Then one of his men approaches him. "The car is ready for you, sir."

"Good," Devin said with a creepy voice.

He pushed me to an elevator with his lackey as he pushed the G button for the garage. The elevator moved down.

I say I'm silent and glance at the lackey, then at Devin.

"Where is Maria?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"You don't need to worry about her," he replied, looking at his phone. "She is not of your concerned."

"She is of my concerned," I talk back at him. Glaring. "She's sixteen."

"So?"

"So, she is pregnant with your child."

I glare at Devin, his eyes looking down at me. I was not intimidated by my killer's eyes because his expression of, a deadly stare overpowered me. I felt my whole body shiver.

I back down.

"The child isn't my problem anymore once the mother is no use to me."

I felt another goosebumps crawling on my skin. "You...killed her."

"We are here, sir," said the lackey.

Devin ignored me again and pushed me out as we were in the hospital garage.

"Devin, where are you taking me?" I tried to protest, but the lackey picked me up and put me inside the paramedic's car. Devin threw the wheelchair and ran to the front while the lackey closed the doors.

The engine turned on and was on a rush hour speed as whoever was driving was in a hurry.

I looked through the small windows and saw Logan, and my heart skipped a beat to find Liam beside him.

I slam my palm on the window hard and scream at the top of my lungs. "Liam! Liam! Help!"

The twins saw the car with me, Liam wanted to rush, but Logan held him back. Said something and went back inside.

"Liam! Help me!" Where the hell are they going?

The car made a sharp turn, making me almost tumble if it lacked medical equipment. The vehicle keeps turning from left to right and vice versa. I was getting motion sickness.

I stand stable and hit the wall of the car. "Hey! Easy with the turns! I'm about to throw up." I barfed but held the vomit in, and it wasn't pleasant.

I heard sirens from behind and saw through the window that we were being chased by the police following in pursuit.