THIRTY-ONE

"Terry!"

We all turn our heads to find Effie at the front door of my house with Logan and Liam behind her. Terry quickly put on my dad's old shirt that covers her breast.

"Damn, Terry, you look like shit," Logan commented.

"Right back at you," She smirks. Logan got into a fight.

"Logan and I were at the movies earlier, and let's just say a guy grabbed my ass trying to go to the bathroom."

"Yeah, twiny here kicked his ass." Liam pats his brother on the shoulder.

"Anyways, oh my god, Terry," she gasps at the sight of Terry all beaten up. Effie sits next to Terry on the couch. She reaches for her face, making Terry winch. "Sorry, does it still hurt?"

"It's not so bad," Terry gently pulls Effie's hand away. "I'm fine, Miss Effie."

"Minus the Miss. What happened? Lily didn't go into detail and just told me you got hurt."

Terry glances her eyes at me.

"Sorry, I have to call her," I say as Liam sits beside me. Wrap his arms around my shoulder and pulled me back to rest against him while he rubbed my belly. Terry went into full detail, except the part as to why she went on a solo mission without the order from Odin.

I'm wondering and need answers. This intention of wanting to know is making me want to find out. I would have to be a detective to solve such a mysterious solution. I know very little about Terry or why she dressed like a man. But she has her reasons.

"Are you crazy!" Effie yelled, causing the whole house to shake. "You could've got yourself killed. You wouldn't even make it to Zara's first birthday. You wouldn't see me get married to Logan if you kept doing dangerous stunts like that. And my grandfather treats you like a son. Do you think he wants to lose another one? I don't think so."

"Geez, Effie, where is this all coming from?" Liam ask.

I look at her, stunned, just like everyone else. Especially Logan.

Effie huffed and cleared her throat, sitting back down. "I...I'm just worried, okay? Terry is my grandfather's bodyguard, and he regards him as his son. He is like an uncle. A very young uncle."

I observed her behavior and noticed it right away. The symptoms are familiar.

She can't be.

Effie kept nagging Terry. I had to change the subject before it became intense.

"So, where's Seth?" I ask.

"Oh, he's on a date. We didn't tell him about Terry."

Looking at Terry, she seems disappointed that Seth didn't tag along. After all, Seth thinks Terry is a man. They are best friends. I don't remember his reactions if Seth knew Terry was beaten up badly.

"It's best that he doesn't know what happened," Terry rose slowly yet still in pain around her rib cage and grabbed her jacket.

"But you and Seth are close, almost like brothers," Liam stated.

"Yeah, we considered you one of us," Logan added.

"I appreciate you guys seeing that way about me, but I'm not the type to keep friends close, especially in my line of work."

"Um, where are you going?" I ask, seeing Terry head to the door.

"To see the boss and tell him of my failure. And also face my punishment."

"Terry, let me talk to my grandpa," Effie says. "Even though you took this dangerous mission on your own, I can assure you Grandpa will understand."

"No offense, Miss Effie, although I'm part of the family, some restrictions need to be obliged. I'm willing to face my punishment." With that, she left the house and heard her car drive off.

"Well, he's stubborn," Liam sniffed the air. "Oh, do I smell casserole?" Both the twins went to the kitchen to grab themselves to eat.

I lightly took Effie's arm and led her to my bedroom. "While you boys eat, I'll chat with Effie." They didn't say a word but grub on the leftover casserole.

I shut the door and watched Effie walk back and forth. "Effie?"

She bites her nails, freaking out.

"Effie, are you...?"

She looks my way, and her eyes are teary. "I'm pregnant."

"When did you find out?"

"In April. I realized I didn't get my period, so I had myself checked by Doctor Warren."

"A month ago. I didn't notice anything change in you except now that you're glowing." Effie is beautifully glowing.

"I'm going to be fatter than I already am." She says, and I chuckle.

"Thick is better than my skinny ass." I joke to make her feel relaxed about the baby's weight. "Does Logan know?"

She shook her head.

"Athena, Ares...What about Seth? You know he can smell a pregnant woman from a mile away." I say that as a joke.

"No."

"No?" I exclaimed. "Wow."

"Lily, what should I do?" Effie sat on my single couch. "I'm both happy and scared. School is almost over, and yet, I'm not ready."

"Effie, are you hearing yourself? You're already a mother to Zara. She's about to be one in a couple of months, then after, her baby brother or sister will accompany her. I'm sure when you tell Logan. He will give you 100 percent support in taking care of the children. He's a good father to Zara."

"Hearing that from you just calms my heart." She sighs and smiles. "Thanks, Lily." We both hugged and went out of my room hand to hand with the twins sitting on the couch watching football.

"Logan," I push Effie lightly. "Someone wants to tell you some good news."

"Babe?"

I sat next to Liam, watching Effie fiddle with her finger. She digs in the pocket of her purse and pulls out a small picture, handing it to Logan. "I wanted to wait for the right time, but I guess you should know now."

"You're showing me Athena's sonogram? I already know she is pregnant." Logan scans the picture.

"Just because our initials are identical doesn't mean this sonogram is hers. And no, it's not Ares either. " He only has his belly fat," she joked, making me and Liam chuckle.

I shift my eyes to Effie and then to Logan, waiting for his reaction.

"Wait," Logan rise from his seat. "Baby, you don't mean...this sonogram is..."

Effie starts to get teary again and nods her head. "Babe, you're going to be a father. I'm pregnant."

Once the news hit, Logan's eyes rolled back and dropped to the floor. Effie cried out to him, trying to wake him up.

"Is he okay?" I ask, worried.

"He's fine," Liam assures me. "He does that when something good happens. And hearing that he's going to be a father. That is the greatest news of all."

Weird.

But I must believe Liam's words as Effie tries to wake up her baby daddy. I snuggle myself close to Liam.

"I guess that makes another Wolfe Daddy in the family."

"Our family is growing. I'm still wondering when Don and Seth will settle down."

"Remember, Ares. I bet Jordyn and him are still working things out with their feelings."

"Yeah, don't worry, babe. It should work out for them. I'm cheering them on," He says, plants a kiss on my forehead, and continues to watch football on TV.

Hey peeps!

Sorry for the short chapters for both. I did promise two chapters.

HAPPY READING!!