Part 8

Yoongi was still feeling awkward before work the next day and he wasn't ready to face y/n so he chickened out and went straight to the bar rather than meeting her at the train station.  He arrived early and there was no one to pour his whiskey so he walked around the bar and got it himself, pouring a double and taking the glass over to the piano where he sat and scrolled through his phone until five. He kept glancing over his shoulder at the door as the minutes ticked by, but she still hadn't arrived. Even Taehyung got there before she did and as the clock struck five and he lifted the cover on the piano he suddenly smelled her blow through the door - but it was wrong. He furrowed his brow, trying to ignore the male scent that mixed with hers, but he ended up playing angry music anyway.

-

You headed out of the train station and swept your eyes around the street looking for Yoongi. You didn't see him and you hesitated, not sure what to do. The two of you hadn't really agreed to meet and walk together everyday, but it had been happening. Maybe he just wasn't here yet? You assumed he passed by here on his way to work so you thought you would wait for a couple minutes. Was it weird to wait? Or would it be weirder if you didn't wait for him? You chewed your lip uncertainly and decided you would wait for just one minute. You pulled out your phone and checked your emails.

You glanced at the time and suddenly one minute had turned into eight and you were now running late. You cursed under your breath and took off, still no kitty in sight. You arrived at the bar to see him already seated at the piano and you felt stupid, why would he wait to walk with you every day he had better things to do, you thought, scolding yourself.

"Hi y/n! Oh, did you have a date yesterday?" Taehyung asked as you hurried behind the bar with him.

"A date?" You asked frowning at him. You hadn't had a date, but you did stay over at that guys house and hadn't bothered to wash your hair when you showered quickly this afternoon. "Oh, do I smell like dude?" You asked, chuckling as he sniffed the air and wrinkled his nose. He nodded shyly. "I always forget about hybrid senses. I'll need to make sure to bathe more often working with you, puppy dog," you said, ruffling his ears and making him giggle.

"But was it a date though?" He insisted, not letting go. "Do you have a boyfriend you haven't told me about?" You rolled your eyes.

"No, it was not a date. I'm sure I'll never see the guy again," you mumbled. You hadn't even bothered to get his number before you ducked out. Tae giggled and started making orders as they came through, you doing the same.

"Y/n?" He asked innocently. You hummed in reply and he caught your eye, blinking at you. "Would you ever date a hybrid?" He asked shyly.

"Taehyung!" You gasped feigning exaggerated shock. "No I will not go out with you!" You said, pressing a hand to your chest and opening your mouth wide. He blushed and shoved your shoulder playfully, whining that you knew what he meant. You shrugged. "I've never thought about it but I guess so. There weren't a lot of hybrids where I came from. It was a small town," you said.

"Hobi says people think it's weird when they see hybrids and humans dating. That's why he says we can't show too much affection in public," he said, pouting. You smiled sadly and patted his shoulder.

"He's right Tae Tae, people are hateful. It will just make your life easier to pretend he's only your owner."

"I don't care if my life isn't easy," he said, frowning. "I want people to know he's mine!"

"You should tell him that!" You said, nodding excitedly. "Maybe he doesn't care either and he's just protecting you. He did mark you the other day." His eyes widened suddenly remembering.