Part 32

It was raining. Made sense. It was raining in Yoongi's heart too. He walked to the bar sullenly, clutching his umbrella.

It had been a week since he had been jumped, and after the initial first day he had attempted to come back to the bar he had taken the time off to heal. He had spent the entire time shut up in his apartment, crying on and off, speaking occasionally to Jimin who had filled his prescription for him, sleeping as much as possible, hating himself, hating the world.

He was glad it was finally time to get back to work - he needed to do something. Anything. He didn't know what to feel about seeing her when he got there. He didn't know if his hands would work when he sat at the piano this time. His heart was pounding with excitement, but his mind was telling him he couldn't be excited. She wasn't his anymore. He had ruined the only good thing that had ever happened to him.

He had to do it though, right? Hadn't he made the right choice? He needed to push her away so she could be happy - her life could never be happy if she was with him. They would be constantly judged and hated and ridiculed and she deserved so much better. So why did he ache to see her?

He arrived at work and instantly knew she wasn't there - he couldn't smell her. In fact...he couldn't even smell a trace of her. He frowned as he approached the bar, seeing Taehyung behind it looking sad. When the dog hybrid caught sight of him his eyes widened and he quickly poured Yoongi a drink, passing it to him. Yoongi wasn't supposed to have alcohol with the pain meds for his rib, but he gulped it down anyway, needing something to dull his aching heart.

"What's up pup," he said, glancing at the boy.

"What's up? That's all you're going to say to me after the mess you made?" Taehyung scoffed, scowling at the cat.

"What the hell Tae, is that any way to speak to your senior-"

"I don't give a fuck Yoongi, you broke her. My best human friend, my only work friend, you hurt her and now she's gone," Taehyung said bitterly, glowering across the bar at the cat. Yoongi froze, slowly lowering the glass to the bar.

"What do you mean she's gone?" He asked lowly, staring hard at Taehyung.

"She's going home! She said she couldn't be here anymore if she couldn't be with you. She's been a wreck, hyung. She tried to work the first night but she kept looking over at the piano and bursting into tears," Taehyung said angrily.

Yoongi imagined it, her pretty face searching for him and coming up empty, tears trailing down her soft cheeks. His fault.

"She-she's going home? But she hated it there - she came here to escape-"

"Yeah, she did and you fucked that up for her, didn't you," the dog said, crossing his arms angrily over his chest. He glanced up at the dark cat, who was staring in shock, his eyes unfocused and his lips parted slightly. "Hyung," Tae said softly, drawing his attention. "Her train leaves tonight."

"What?" The cat said, not understanding, his thoughts still distracted.

"I'm saying," Taehyung huffed, staring intently at the cat, "If you by any chance regret what you did, you can catch her. You might be able to stop her. But you have to go. Now." Yoongi blinked once. Twice. Then he was flying for the door, ignoring the throbbing pain in his side from his barely healed rib, ignoring the cold raindrops that stung at his face and soaked his hair. His feet pounded the pavement as he sprinted for the train station, running faster than he ever had, a slight panic throbbing in his chest.

What did he do what did he do what did he do so stupid stupid stupid he thought to himself with each step, praying he would reach her in time, praying he could convince her not to leave. Tears stung his eyes as he felt pain everywhere. Pain in his rib, pain in his heart, pain in his head. Please don't let me be too late.