Part 46

"You did well, son."

Yoongi heard the words as they came out of her father's mouth but he looked up at him in confusion.

"Wh-what?" He heard another voice say exactly what he had been thinking and looked down to see her blinking up at her father. "Daddy, you-" she whispered, tears swimming in her eyes. The man quickly dropped Yoongi's hand and sank onto the bed next to her.

"Yes angel, I'm here," he said, his deep voice soft and sweet like Yoongi had never heard it, surprising the cat that he could even sound like that at all. The man had gathered her smaller hand in both of his and was looking at her.

"You called Yoongi..." she said softly, her bottom lip trembling. Yoongi sank into his own seat in surprise as well, frowning. The man was nodding, a small smile on his face.

"Yoongi's a good guy angel. You chose well, I'm proud of you. I'm sorry I didn't see it before," he murmured, shooting a glance at the cat as he spoke. "Oh, don't cry sweetheart, I'm sorry, come on," the man chuckled as he reached out to wipe her tears away gently. She closed her eyes and nodded, sniffing.

"Thank you daddy," she said softly, sounding so small and pitiful that Yoongi wanted to cry again. He squeezed her hand after a moment and she looked over at him.

"Hey baby. How is your pain? The nurse said to let her know if you needed anything," he said. She shrugged, wincing.

"Everything hurts but...it's just kind of dull right now. I...my leg feels funny," she said, looking down at herself. Yoongi frowned in worry.

"Should I call the nurse?" He asked. She was just shaking her head when the door opened and her mother returned with Taehyung and Hosoek, everyone holding coffee. Tae squealed and hurried to the bed, thrusting a coffee cup at Yoongi and setting his own down before he snatched up her hand.

"Oh my god!" The dog said, his eyes running over her in worry. "You're okay! What the f-" Tae cut himself off, glancing at her parents and clearing his throat. "I mean what the heck is wrong with you?" He asked. "How dare you scare everybody like that," he scolded.

"I literally didn't do anything," she protested, her voice still hoarse and cracking as she spoke. Hoseok stepped up beside Taehyung, reaching up to ruffle his ears.

"Don't harass her Tae," he said, glancing down at her. "We're glad you're alright," he said then, softly, smiling at her.

"Thank you Hoseok oppa," she said with a smile.

The door opened and a nurse came in. "Alright everybody I have to change the dressing so I'm going to need everyone out of the way," she called, crossing to a cupboard and taking out fresh bandages. Her parents and the boys stepped out but Yoongi hesitated.

"I...can I stay?" He asked.

"Can he?" She asked the nurse hopefully.

"Sure honey. As long as he stays on that side of the bed," the nurse conceded. Yoongi hurried to her good side and held her hand.

"I'm scared Yoonie," she said softly, looking up at him.

"What are you scared of?" He asked.

"I don't want to see it," she whispered, referring to her leg.

"You don't have to look," he told her, frowning. The nurse was pulling the blanket back to reveal a large white bandage that covered most of her thigh. "Just look at me instead," he said. She tore her eyes away from the nurse's work and obeyed, looking up at him intently. "The doctor said you'll have some scarring," he said, frowning at her. "I know you said to stop but...I'm so sorry."