Part 10

When you arrived at the train station the next day you saw Yoongi sitting on a bench looking absolutely exhausted. He was barely holding his eyes open and he had dark circles beneath them, his black hair looked dull and messy and his ears were drooping. He just sat there as you approached him and you reached out to stroke his sleepy ears, making him close his eyes and purr softly.

"You look like shit," you said and his ears twitched in annoyance as he scowled and stood up, heading off toward the bar. "Did you not get any sleep?" You asked, hurrying after him.

"Not really. Worked at the bakery this morning," he grunted.

"What, and you didn't bring me anything yummy?" You pouted jokingly, trying to put a smile on that sleepy face as you fell into step next to him. He glanced sidelong at you, blinking at the comment.

"What do you like?" He asked softly.

"I was just kidding Yoon."

He didn't respond, just walking quietly toward the bar. You reached for the whiskey when the two of you arrived but he caught your wrist and shook his head, dropping your arm quickly and looking slightly embarrassed for touching you so suddenly.

"Sorry," he mumbled but you just blinked at him in confusion. "I actually don't feel great, I really couldn't sleep last night for some reason and I had to be at the bakery at the crack of dawn," he sighed, rubbing his eyes. "Can I just have some water?" He asked shyly.

"Of course," you said, getting him a glass of ice water. He sat on a bar stool and sipped it slowly, his eyes drooping. "Hey, you okay?" You asked him, feeling worried. He blinked his eyes open, shaking his head slightly.

"Just gotta get through this night and I'll be fine. I'm off both jobs tomorrow, so I'll be able to catch up on sleep," he mumbled, standing.

"That's not how that works," you said, frowning at him. "You can't catch up on sleep you lost, it's not the same as getting it when you need it. You should spread your shifts out better so you sleep every night instead," you scolded. He rolled his eyes and walked away, heading toward the piano.

"What, you're my mom now?" He said in annoyance over his shoulder. You scowled after him. Eight o'clock rolled around and he lifted his hands from the piano seemingly in surprise before standing and stretching. His shoulders and tail drooped tiredly as he headed over to the bar and you set a glass of water on it for him. "Sorry," he mumbled, "I didn't notice the time. Forgot to play anything for you," he said, frowning to himself. He sank onto a stool and rested his elbow on the bar, holding his head in his hand.

"It's fine Yoon, you don't always have to play me something. You aren't even drinking tonight, so theres nothing in it for you anyway," you said with a chuckle. He pouted slightly.

"There's your smile," you thought you heard him say, so quietly you could barely make it out. It seemed like he hadn't meant for you to hear at all so you didn't comment, simply reaching out to give one of his ears a quick scratch instead.

"Come on alley cat, dinner's more than halfway over, you're doing great. The night is flying by," You said and he nodded tiredly, turning to plod away from the bar. You frowned, turning to Taehyung. "Tae Tae, I'm worried about Yoongi, he said he didn't get any sleep last night and he looks exhausted. Do you think Hobi would drive him home tonight?" You asked.

"I'll text him and ask, but I'm sure he'll do it," he said, nodding.

You kept a worried eye on the cat the rest of the night and he looked so tired. When the night ended and he slowly headed for the bar he found you and Taehyung waiting for him and he frowned at the dog but didn't say anything as the three of you walked outside. Hoseok was there, hanging out the window of his suv.

"Looks like you could use a ride," he called to Yoongi as Tae walked around to climb into the passenger seat. "Get in." The cat glanced at you and shook his head in response.

"I'm fine, I've got to walk this one home," he said, gesturing at you.

"No you don't Yoon, I'm fine, go with Hoseok," you said, annoyed.

"No way princess, it's dark and late and I'm not letting you walk home alone," he said, grouchily, starting to shuffle off in the direction of the train station. You watched him worriedly, his tail drooping and the circles under his eyes had darkened impossibly over the evening and you threw a desperate look at Hoseok. Taehyung was tugging on his sleeve and whining and he sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Would both of you just get in the car please? I'll take her home first Yoongi, does that work for you?" He said in annoyance. Yoongi stopped walking and turned, shrugging.

"Alright. Let's go," he said to you as he opened the door and climbed in, scooting across the bench seat. You followed after him and sat down.

"Thank you Hoseok," you called to the front of the vehicle. He glanced at you in the rear view mirror and his eyes softened.

"Call me Hobi," he said, giving you a small smile.

"Hobi oppa," Taehyung corrected happily, making you laugh as you grinned back and nodded, giving brief directions to your apartment building. You sat back in the seat to see the dark cat's eyes had drifted closed, his head relaxed against the back of the seat. You smiled at him softly, and when Hobi took a turn his body leaned toward you, his head falling onto your shoulder. You shifted a little to be sure he was comfortable and when you had reached your apartment you carefully leaned his head back against the seat, trying not to wake him. You glanced over at him one last time, his features looking soft as they relaxed in sleep, his pink lips parted slightly and his dark lashes resting starkly against his pale skin. You didn't even realize you were reaching for him until your hand was gently brushing his hair off of his forehead to keep it from tickling his eyes before scooting out of the car.

"Thank you again, he really needs to rest," you said to Hoseok through the window as you got out.

"Thanks for looking out for him," he replied, smiling at you.

"Goodnight y/n!" Tae called, waving at you as you turned and headed into your apartment.

-

Yoongi was sleeping lightly when he felt the car stop and his head relaxed back against the seat. His eyes remained closed and his breathing began to even back out when he felt the soft touch of her fingers ghosting through his bangs and lightly brushing the skin of his forehead. He felt a shiver pass through his body at her touch, her smell permeating the car and his eyes fluttered open just as the door closed behind her. He cleared his throat and sat up, blinking rapidly. Hoseok glanced at him in the rear view mirror with a smirk, but Yoongi ignored him, looking out the window instead. He thanked the pair gruffly when they reached his apartment and he headed in, shucking off his jacket as he walked straight to the bed and collapsed on it, sleep reaching him the moment his head hit the pillow. That night he dreamed of soft fingers brushing his hair back from his forehead.

 That night he dreamed of soft fingers brushing his hair back from his forehead