Part 48

You woke in the middle of the night to searing pain in your leg, gasping loudly as your eyes flew open. Yoongi was still snuggled against you and he jumped when you jolted awake, sitting up straight and looking around in confusion.

"What? What is it?" He asked sleepily, the only light the bit of moon that was trickling in through the window.

You were panting heavily against the pain, your head pressed back into the pillow. You didn't feel like you could move, all you could feel was overwhelming discomfort. "Ohmygod - it hurts Yoon," you moaned, squeezing the blanket in your fists.

"Shhhit," Yoongi said, jumping out of bed and looking at his phone. "Shit you were supposed to start on the pills a couple of hours ago - let me get you one baby I'm so sorry I forgot," he said, running to the kitchen to get a glass of water and your prescription.

It felt like forever before he came back into the bedroom, setting down the water and helping you sit up slowly. He kept an arm braced behind your back as he placed the pill on your tongue and held the water to your lips. You swallowed the pill and he laid you back down, hesitating nervously by the bed as you grimaced in pain. You patted the bed next to you.

"Come back and hold me. Please," you managed to say, your body tense as you waited for the pain to subside. He obeyed quickly, hurrying around the bed and crawling into it, gently taking you in his arms and pulling your body against his. He kissed your forehead and pressed it to his, murmuring soothing things to you.

"I love you so much baby," he whispered as you felt yourself beginning to dull with the meds kicking in.

"Not as much as I love you," you replied. The two of you drifted back to sleep.

-

You woke when you felt Yoongi slide his arms out from around you and slip out of the bed. You whined and he shushed you, shuffling into the bathroom to relieve himself. When he came back into the bedroom you bit your lip hesitantly at him. "Um, Yoongs? I uh...I need to do that too," you mumbled, blushing furiously as you pushed yourself into a sitting position and slowly slid your feet to the floor. He understood quickly and rushed to your side.

"You want me to carry you or -" he offered but you shook your head.

"Let me try just - help," you mumbled shyly and he put your arm around his shoulders, slipping his around your waist and helping pull you slowly to your feet. You cried out when you put a little weight on your bad leg and he quickly scooped you up. "Yoongi!" You protested, smacking his shoulder as he carried you to the bathroom.

"Next time babe." He set you in front of the toilet and you shooed him toward the door, standing only on your good leg. He left and when you were finished you stood on that one foot and pulled his underwear back up, smiling at how he hadn't even protested when you had asked for them. You placed your foot tentatively on the floor and tried to distribute some weight to it. Nope. You hissed and lifted your foot back up and Yoongi opened the door quickly, clearly having been right outside it. He smiled sheepishly when you glared at him but he just came in and helped you wash your hands before picking you back up and heading out. "Where do you want to go?" He asked, looking at you in his arms. You shrugged. "Bed or couch?"

"Bed," you mumbled, sadly. He nodded and placed you on the bed, you scooted up into a sitting position, wincing. He saw and grabbed the bottle of pain pills, reading it quickly.

"Oh fuck babe you were supposed to have another one of these like twenty minutes ago," he said, quickly opening the bottle and holding it out to you. "Ah," he said, asking you to stick your tongue out. You obeyed and he placed the pill on it, passing you water to take it with. You swallowed it. "I'm gonna shower. You want a book or something?" You shook your head and picked up your phone.

"I'm fine babe," you said, flashing him a small smile. He looked at you for a breath more before disappearing into the bathroom and starting the water up. You dropped your phone into your lap and closed your eyes against the pain, letting your head fall back against the wall and waiting for the numbness to spread over your body from the pain pill. You preferred this effect to the medication you had received at the hospital. The pills just made it so you couldn't feel your legs almost at all. You sighed in contentment and you heard the shower shut off, turning your head to watch the door.

Moments later Yoongi emerged with a towel hanging around his waist, rubbing at his wet hair with a second one. His pale torso glistened slightly, still damp from the steam that billowed out fo the room behind him, his long black tail damp as well as it swished behind him. Your mouth went dry as you looked at him, remembering last night.

"Yoonie," you called softly, drawing his attention to you. He raised an eyebrow questioningly, still drying his hair with the towel. You made grabby hands and he approached the bed cautiously. You reached for the towel and he backed out of reach.

"What are you doing?" He chuckled, his eyes crinkling as he smiled down at you. You pouted.

"I just want to return the favor from yesterday," you said, licking your lips.

"Hm, I guess that would be okay," he smirked stepping back toward the bed and tossing the towel in his hand aside as you reached to unwrap the one from his waist, tugging him closer to the bed. He sucked in a breath and dropped his head back as you went to work.

-

You were so bored.

"Yoongi is it time for another pill yet my leg hurts," you whined. It didn't really hurt yet, but the numbness was creeping away and you were bored.

"Hm? It's close enough," he said, crossing the room to get you the pill.

"When am I supposed to start the physical therapy? I wanna walk I'm bored," you whined. He chuckled slightly.

"I know babe, I'm sorry. But you probably need to be able to stand before you can do all that, you know," he said, passing you a pill and a glass of water. You swallowed it and sighed. "Let's move from the bed though, huh? You wanna sit on the couch? Or at the piano?" You shrugged.

"It's my pedal leg though," you said, frowning.

"It's your left leg," he said in exasperation. "How often do you pedal with your left leg?"

"Sometimes," you pouted, making him laugh.

"Couch then?" He asked. You nodded and he lifted you easily, taking you to the couch and setting you down. "Hungry?" He asked. You shook your head and he frowned. "You should be, you haven't eaten in a while." You shrugged.

"Tea?" You asked. He nodded and headed to the kitchen, returning a few minutes later with two mugs of tea and a plate of fruit which he put in front of you. You rolled your eyes but grabbed a couple blueberries and popped them into your mouth. You knew he was right and you should be hungry, but you just didn't feel like eating.

"Yoongs, will you play for me?" You asked him softly, holding your tea in your lap and looking up at him, batting your eyes cutely.

"Of course babe," he said, sitting at the piano and messing around for a moment, just making some noise. "Any requests?" He asked.

"Our song?" You suggested softly, staring at the back of him, knowing he was smiling softly and closing his eyes as his fingers played Clare de Lune by memory for you. You set your tea down and by the time the song was finished you had drifted into a peaceful, numbing sleep.

 You set your tea down and by the time the song was finished you had drifted into a peaceful, numbing sleep