Part 53

A week later you went into Dr. Kim's office for your final PT appointment. You and Yoongi had had some rough nights after you changed your prescription to a lesser medication. You had trouble sleeping at first and then you were irritable and bitchy and then you would turn around a couple hours later when the mood had passed and apologize to him endlessly, crying on his shoulder. He was there for you the whole time, through every withdrawal symptom and every ache in your leg.

He made you tea and he played piano for you and he rubbed your leg and kissed your tears away and you were so grateful, the love in your chest burning brighter for him every minute. You pulled out your phone to see a sweet text from him about what you wanted for dinner that night and you smiled, wondering how you had gotten so lucky.

You were looking down at your phone typing a reply as you walked into the office and then glanced up to see Dr. Kim watching you, his pretty eyes evaluating your movement as you strode confidently toward him, only a tiny limp in your step. His eyes flew to your face as you grinned at him and he returned your smile, ushering you back into the work room.

He asked you to run through the usual stretches and exercises, watching with a close eye and then when you were done he sat you down, sitting himself in front of you and considering.

"You're off the pills," he said, sounding happy. It was a statement, not a question. He could tell. You grinned back at him and nodded.

"Yes. I...I want to apologize for the way I spoke to you last week. I'm a bit stubborn and I don't like when someone points out something I'm doing wrong. But your words were a wake up call and I needed to hear them. So thank you Dr. Kim. For everything," you said, feeling a bit embarrassed about your interaction at the last appointment.

He grinned and leaned back in his chair, his full lips stretching to show his pretty smile, his eyes squinting to crescents.

"I'm so happy to hear that. And I'm glad I was able to help."

"You've helped so much more than you can possibly know," you chuckled, looking down at your feet.

"Well maybe someday you can return the favor. But until then," he said standing and holding his hand out for you. You stood without help and then clasped his hand, shaking it proudly. "I wish you well. And take care of Yoongi. He's an interesting hybrid, but he's a good man."

"Yes, he is," you said, smiling to yourself. "He's wonderful."

-

When you got home you flew through the door and into the kitchen, tackling Yoongi.

"Ah! What the fuck," he chuckled, stumbling backward as he caught you, backing into the counter top. You began to smother his face in kisses as he whined and protested beneath you. "Hey - knock it off - quit it - I'm busy!" He insisted, trying to push you away from him.

"Dr. Kim said I can go back to work next week!" You cheered, pausing your kisses long enough to beam up at him. An enormous gummy smile came over the cat's face and he swept you up in his arms, spinning you around the kitchen as you laughed, your own arms wrapped around his neck.

"I'm so happy to hear it baby! I can't wait to see you behind the bar again, that place sucks without you," he said happily. It was his turn to kiss your face now and you giggled happily as he set you down and pressed several kisses to your cheeks. You pulled back and looked up at him, his eyes sparkling with happiness. You reached up and brushed his hair back from his forehead, your fingers dancing over the soft, pale skin of his cheek.

"I love you," you said softly. "Thank you so much for being with me through all this."

"Where else could I go?" He asked. "Anywhere that you aren't is pointless."